Auden Tate, WR - 7th Round

cincyhokie

Dropped two poorly-timed passes into his facemask today, Malone didn't do much either, not many targets for either.  Seems they were trying to get Tate involved earlier in the game this week though.

I don't see why they couldn't stash him on the PS until someone gets hurt at this point.  Until he starts showing something in real games, I can't imagine anyone's reserving a roster spot for him.  At least not any time soon.

46 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

He’s certainly cooled off, but I think the coaches like his upside. If they carry 7 WR’s again, it’s a no brainer. At this point I’m inclined to think he’s mostly inactive on game days through this season minus injuries.

Yeah, very possible, but not sure about his ST's role, if any, off-hand, so wonder if they'll save a roster spot for him or not.  Same with Malone - kinda hurts their flexibility a bit, but they've done it in the past, and someone is going to get hurt sooner or later.

I don't think Core makes the team. I think they keep 6 WRs and Tate is the sixth. Core didn't flash a lot early in camp, then got hurt and hasn't played the last two weeks, and his role on special teams at gunner has been filled more than capably by others. Core as a WR doesn't have anything that pops out, while Tate is, at the least, a potential red zone and third down option given his size and hands, if he were to be active on gameday at any point. 

Oh, I still think he has a place on this roster.  Anyone having caught any of the practice notes or that first game against the Bears has seen it.
Sounds like Marvin wants to see it more than he has, but Core has been hurt and apparently the coaches thoughts have changed on players.
LaFell being shown the door was the beginning and while Tate may not be active on game days, he will be able to practice and grow.
Should an injury happen, he's there to bring something else to the game.

I honestly think he's shown enough that a WR needy team would snatch him off the practice squad.
Look at what's going on in Jacksonville right now.  They aren't the only ones either.