1. 1. Who ya like? Vote category and name your guy as comment

• Corner
    • O line
    • LB
    • D line
    • S
    • RB - QB - WR (catch-all)

1 hour ago, COB said:

You've got to figure Williams is in the doghouse. Dude basically built the doghouse.  Watching him take an angle on a ball carrier is like watching Shaq shoot free throws.  

Yet they drafted Illoka's replacement, he will be expected to start, or compete for it.  Not sure I understand what they're doing there.  Unless they want to move Illoka to SS.  

I'd be fine with never having to watch Williams miss a tackle again either way.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, AMPHAR said:

I read nothing into the pick as far as snap count or roster spot. 

I doubt this pick plays more than 50% snaps without massive injury.

They said he’s a Center Feild type safety which I hoping for the opposite.

They got Malik Jefferson, coverage backer. I think it comes down to the scheme, more than anything. 

• 5 months later...

so quoting myself from

http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/25884-2018-nfl-draft-r2-pick-46/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-453191

Trading down was a terrible decision. We need quality, not quantity I could be proven wrong, naturally, when this FS is named a first ballot Hall of Famer, but for now, this pick is gawdawful. WE NEED STARTERS in day 1 and 2 picks and this schmoe ain't a starter. We also have multiple needs at other positions more than DB. This guy is small for a S and yet also isn't all that fast. The draft profile calls him a "ballhawk" yet he's got exactly one pick to his name. I'd be ok with this pick if it was round 6 or later, but it ain't The rotting cherry to top this turd sundae is that they passed up a better S with more size AND more speed from a bigger better football program. This better S went to Texas just a few picks later so the silver lining is that this shoulda made Army's kid happy. THIS PICK SUCKS DEAD DONKEY DONG and I wrote that for Dimster, as a summary

so, uhm

uhhhhh

yeah *cough*

could someone cook up a big ole plate of crow for me?

Lots of bbq sauce, hold the feathers, claws, and beak please

I will wear a tee shirt proclaiming "Bates for DROY 2018" while I consume it

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

so quoting myself from

http://forums.bengalszone.com/topic/25884-2018-nfl-draft-r2-pick-46/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-453191

so, uhm

uhhhhh

yeah *cough*

could someone cook up a big ole plate of crow for me?

Lots of bbq sauce, hold the feathers, claws, and beak please

I will wear a tee shirt proclaiming "Bates for DROY 2018" while I consume it

Looks like dead donkey dong is on the menu.

19 hours ago, Stripes said:

Bates has played quality ball, and I am very happy to see it -- and I definitely groaned when Iloka was dropped.

Ward is probably taking DROY though.

Iloka has barely played for Minnesota. Literally, he's been on the field 7 snaps I believe, and five of those on special teams.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Iloka has barely played for Minnesota. Literally, he's been on the field 7 snaps I believe, and five of those on special teams.

I’m at a loss to explain that.  Shocking.  I’m going to guess something is up with him personally, either mental or physical.  He’s a good player when he’s right, which he almost always was for us.