11 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya like? Vote category and name your guy as comment

• Corner
    • O line
    • LB
    • D line
    • S
    • RB - QB - WR (catch-all)

Give me Reid.  The Bengals were looking to bring in a starter at safety during free agency and that is very telling.

If they do this however, they will probably need to make a trade up to get a RT that can come in and start day one.

If not OT or DT will be fine.  Hell they could even justify CB with a couple guys there.

Underneath coverage or offensive line.

So either a fast coverage LB or slower footed SS.  

Guard.   I do think they could find a starting quality guard in Round 3.

LB they’be been so specialized under Zimmer and Paul hard to know what new D-coord wants.

Definately need upgrade in underneath coverage

42 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Army, just admit it. You only want a safety so that your favorite Bengal safety of all time is closer to being an ex-Bengal :-)

I can't say that in all honesty.  Would it please me ??  Yes, of course, but I can't say it's the "only" reason.
You don't take visits from two safeties in free agency that would supplant one of your own starter under contract for the next 3 seasons.
That being said, "F" you Shawn Williams !!!

LMAO, the Shazor Train.  I was on board and was never more wrong.

In regards to who do we take in the 2nd round.....
Any thoughts on the next highest rated TE ??
Dallas Goedert would certainly add some protection in the case of an almost certain injury to Eifert.
Can't say that would be my favorite pick, but not out of the realm of possibility.

6 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

For those interested in linguistics, the above is pronounced IfOnlyIHandntArrivedat ThePointOfTackle OhSoLate-ee

In our next installment, we will discuss what the Shazor Train is and why you shouldnt board

That name is like a ice pick to my ears. I curse all who have made me read that. Fuck off. 

That said, I'm not enamored with this crop of safeties. Rather a cover backer. 

Don't ever refer to "he who shall not be named" again. 

I seriously do not feel there is another LB worth a top of the 2nd round pick.
They are either 3-4 guys or players that project as part of a sub package.
We need a solid starter with this pick and I simply don't think there's a LB left capable of filling that role.
I personally thought the LB class was weak at the top end anyway.  Even the #2 LB, Evans from Alabama was thought to have bumps.

DE - Landry if he falls to the Bengals pick, otherwise Hubbard

Yeah TJ, again, I can't say as I would love the pick, but you don't have to look any further than to see how a healthy Eifert was utilized.
Kroft and Uzomah are no Eifert and one could argue they are no Goedert.

I would still prefer another position.  Just throwing it out there.

8 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

who the hell woke up Scottish at this hour of the day? (in Scotland, that is)

I would blame the kids but in reality I've been busy booking up the family trip over for the Raiders game  :grin::grin:

• Like 1

so ya'all tell me - a premium pass-blocking ORT was available, and was traded to the Patriots for not even a full draft pick, just a swapdown - and we couldnt make a better offer for a top notch player at a position of extreme need?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/27/49ers-patriots-make-trent-brown-trade-official-with-john-lynch-wishing-ot-well/

what the hell, dudes? we could have EASILY made a better offer and still have gotten a bargain here. The pats freakin STOLE this guy for next to NOTHING

9 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

so ya'all tell me - a premium pass-blocking ORT was available, and was traded to the Patriots for not even a full draft pick, just a swapdown - and we couldnt make a better offer for a top notch player at a position of extreme need?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/27/49ers-patriots-make-trent-brown-trade-official-with-john-lynch-wishing-ot-well/

what the hell, dudes? we could have EASILY made a better offer and still have gotten a bargain here. The pats freakin STOLE this guy for next to NOTHING

Are you trying to imply that the Bengals FO does not have a clue what it takes to do business to maximize the team? 

I'm not convinced. 

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah TJ, again, I can't say as I would love the pick, but you don't have to look any further than to see how a healthy Eifert was utilized.
Kroft and Uzomah are no Eifert and one could argue they are no Goedert.

I would still prefer another position.  Just throwing it out there.

As a side note: Eifert is glass.  No argument, BUT the shelf life of the pass catching TE in new era is filled with IR visits.

If you want a big target in the middle, you must have bodies to throw at it.

True the bengals have been at the worse case with Eifert. 

5 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Underneath coverage or offensive line.

So either a fast coverage LB or slower footed SS.  

Guard.   I do think they could find a starting quality guard in Round 3.

LB they’be been so specialized under Zimmer and Paul hard to know what new D-coord wants.

Definately need upgrade in underneath coverage

Took the words right out of my mouth Amp.  Wouldn’t be shocked if they take a G over T but to me the biggest hole is OT.  Need a real backup to Glenn and a starter or RT.  Someone besides Fisher.

What we do not need is another Margus Hunt diamond in the rough project pick.

Who about Shaq Griffin in the 4th as LB?