2018 Reds

Stripes

• 3 weeks later...

My yearly tribe update for you long-suffering Reds fans -

The Indians have won 8 of their last 11 to jump to a modest lead in the AL Central.  Their staff is straight up money.  They have the 2nd worst team batting average in the A.L.  If their bats can get going, and Francona seems to think they can, they can make the playoffs again.  

Amazing to be in this role as a tribe fan.  Where the reds are now, that was home for the Indians for over 40 years.  It was brutal.  Year after year.  

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, Stripes said:

3-18

I didn't think it would be THIS bad.  Good lord.

The worst team in MLB. 
I agree.  I saw bad coming, but THIS bad ??  It's stunningly bad.
Almost like you have to TRY to be this bad.

Poor Riggleman. Had to be thinking "Do I have to?"  after Price was fired.

• 4 weeks later...

The tribe's bullpen is turning into a giant pile of burning shit.  They'd beaten the idiot Tigers like 11 games in a row, now they just lost two of three to them.  And that was without Miggy.  Can't really get any new arms until the all star break, window closing!!!

True, the reds are currently in the middle of their 20 year rebuild plan.  The tribe had it there for a couple years, but things are slowly coming undone.  As I previously stated, the bullpen is failing, but that’s not all there is to it.

They let Carlos Santana go to the Phillies in the off season.  Dude was kind of a strange fellow, but it’s becoming clear to me that he was a very respected leader of the Hispanic players on the team.  Without him, there seems to be an intangible missing.  We’ll see who they can get when teams become sellers, things could change.  Until then if they can just stay at .500, it would be a huge success.

• 1 month later...

I was optimistic heading into this season.  I didn't expect a playoff berth or anything, but I at least expected the young talent to be exciting to watch.

Despite the awful start, I haven't been let down.  Pitching is the clear weakness, but guys like Castillo and Mahle give you hope.

Winker has been better than I expected and seeing Taylor Trammel and Hunter Greene do well in the futures game gives you hope.

I doubted the "rebuild" at first, but I'm finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

A win for me, when viewing the Reds this season, would be to not finish in last place.
That is still going to be a challenge however.

I do like some of the pieces they have place and need to see some pitching prospects develop to contend again.
Always rooting for the Redlegs !!!

43 minutes ago, skyline said:

I was skeptical at the beginning of the rebuild, but check their offensive #s. They are very very good.

They've also played .500 ball since Riggleman took over.

They aren't far off. Add 2 quality starters and this team can be very good.

Again our opinions differ.