The O-Line Roster

GapControl

2 hours ago, COB said:

I still know nothing about college players.  Half the time their success in college doesn't even translate to the nfl.  I pretty much wait until the draft. Then read about them as the draft is going.  

Hernandez is a juiced up diesel pulling tractor that just won a blue ribbon at the county fair.  

30 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Colts won’t go Center.  They got a first rounder from 2016 playing for them. 

Connor Williams is curious to me.   He’s a tackle but projects to guard.

Bengals have gotten 2 undrafted guys from Texas in Hopkins and Perkins.  

I would love it @46

I'd like more O-line, just to ensure better run and pass blocking. 

Just now, TJJackson said:

dont need even a single WR in this draft. Got at least 4 guys they need to develop right now who are at least as good as the guys available in the draft

Pretty much true. I'd rather a QB than wide out. 

Rudolph at 46? That's a nice spot. 

Luke Falk in r5 could be another looker. 

I am just having to find my peace with Glenn and Price being enough of an upgrade on talent. And, don't get me wrong, those two are a HUGE improvement from where they were last year. But in a perfect world would have liked to have had one more legit talent drafted to fit into the puzzle on the right side. I do happen to think that their RG is in-house already in Westerman and/or Redmond (I am not a Hopkins as a starter fan), but RT remains a point of worry. I guess that's where trust in the new coach comes in. If Pollack is as good as I think he is, and if Fisher is truly healthy and was able to work out and bulk back up etc this off-season, perhaps we are set at RT without having had to address it. Or maybe the corpse of Hart's career can be revived. Or maybe Boling can kick out there and they back-fill RG. But that spot is a definitely one where a giant flashing question mark is the order of the day still. Fingers crossed that Pollack has enough to work with out there as on-field activities begin today. 

I have no idea what to think about the offense.

New scheme.   Highly talented skill players.

Huge ????  with line.

unfortunately any trouble learning the scheme will undermine the o-line

continued bad line play will handcuff learning the offense.  

Much work to be done

Yep, he simply hasn't earned having the option picked up.

In regards to the o-line, the Hobs article suggested that the RT position looks to be Fisher's, but then hinted at a competition with Hart.
When looking at what Hart did last year at the RT spot (see sucking) and what Fisher is capable of if his heart is good, I think it's his to lose.
The RG position is another story and it appears to be an all out competition for that spot.  Hopkins, Johnson, Redmond, Westerman, and Taylor are all up for that one.

So if we are left to guess at this point, I would assume something along this for the o-line ??

Glenn, Boling, Price, Westerman, Fisher

Still seems like many unanswered questions, but better than where we were when 2017 ended.
Pollack as the new o-line coach is my saving grace when I look at what could happen.

Too much to ask for a healthy season from them all ??
If not, they are screwed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yep, he simply hasn't earned having the option picked up.

In regards to the o-line, the Hobs article suggested that the RT position looks to be Fisher's, but then hinted at a competition with Hart.
When looking at what Hart did last year at the RT spot (see sucking) and what Fisher is capable of if his heart is good, I think it's his to lose.
The RG position is another story and it appears to be an all out competition for that spot.  Hopkins, Johnson, Redmond, Westerman, and Taylor are all up for that one.

So if we are left to guess at this point, I would assume something along this for the o-line ??

Glenn, Boling, Price, Westerman, Fisher

Still seems like many unanswered questions, but better than where we were when 2017 ended.
Pollack as the new o-line coach is my saving grace when I look at what could happen.

Too much to ask for a healthy season from them all ??
If not, they are screwed.

People are down in Texas lineman it seems but keep in mind that Kent Perkins played in Baltimore for the final victory.  He’s listed as RT now in competition with Hart and Fisher->

Perkins was a 10-game starter for the Longhorns in 2016 and helped pave the way for D’Onta Foreman and the 19th best rushing game in the NCAA. The University of Texas has never averaged as many yards per game (491.2) throughout their history as they did in 2016 with Perkins protecting the inside.->

Name: Kent Perkins 
College: Texas     Number: 76
Height: 6-5   Weight: 320 
Position: OT  Pos2: OG
Class/Draft Year: Sr/2017

40 Low: 5.18
   40 Time: 5.28
  40 High: 5.38 
Projected Round: 7-FA  Stock: same.gif  High: 6th  Low: HPFA
Rated number 20 out of 96 OT's