I though Katie and Troy and Duke were taking over

COB

Yep, Pumpkin and Troy have seemingly receded into the woodwork, while Mike apparently swam in that pool full of UFO meteors from that old Cocoon movie and reset the clock to 1989.  I’ll be at my nearest bridge, jumping off it.

I’d have to go with Whit and Zeitler.  One was the type of leader they seem to talk about, except Whit was actually good as well. Zeitler was a 1st round pick that should have solidified the online for years to come. They let proven leadership and pro bowl level continuity walk out the door. Just stupid not to make sure you don’t lose both of them.

Jones and Sanu bugged me, but when you look at the production of their replacements, most people wouldn’t believe it was basically a wash. Not to say I wouldn’t have rathered they kept at least one of them as well, but it didn’t hurt in the same manner.

Whit easily.   Zeitler wasn’t signing with the Bengals unless it was highest paid.

I don’t fault them for not signing Z when it took 12 mil a year.   But I do fault them for letting Whit go in the same year AND ending up having UDFA Hopkins at RG to start the year.   

Last year there were several FA guard to be had in the 5-8 mil per year range. 

Marvin Jones wasn’t signing here either.  

Pac over Nelson has been a bad deal. 

14 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Whit easily.   Zeitler wasn’t signing with the Bengals unless it was highest paid.

I don’t fault them for not signing Z when it took 12 mil a year.   But I do fault them for letting Whit go in the same year AND ending up having UDFA Hopkins at RG to start the year.   

Last year there were several FA guard to be had in the 5-8 mil per year range. 

Marvin Jones wasn’t signing here either.  

Pac over Nelson has been a bad deal. 

I think they handed the job to Shawn Williams so Reggie had to go even though Reggie and Iloka were playing the same position.  

ML thought Whit was signed meaning to me that Whit had a handshake deal with ML.  When the FO told Whit that he could get X money but Ced-O would be the man sooner rather than later, Whit bolted.  Unfortunately, I sense Mike Brown there.

Zeitler... too expensive but no true attempt to replace him.  

3 hours ago, GapControl said:

..,,  When the FO told Whit that he could get X money but Ced-O would be the man sooner rather than later, Whit bolted.  Unfortunately, I sense Mike Brown there.

It’s like the fire department is loading a still steaming dumpster onto a flatbed to be hauled away.  Mike pops up from the smoldering garbage inside, yells, “Wait!  There’s more!”, pours gasoline over himself and lights a match.