NFL Playoffs

6 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Hey everyone.  Hope things are going well for you all.

Happy the Eagles won that game, although I didn't watch.

Take it easy...

You didn’t miss much.  The new nfl means defense barely exists, old men quarterbacks throw for a million yards, records get broken right and left, and you watch truck, beer, and insurance ads until your brain falls out.

On 2/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, COB said:

You didn’t miss much.  The new nfl means defense barely exists, old men quarterbacks throw for a million yards, records get broken right and left, and you watch truck, beer, and insurance ads until your brain falls out.

Great point about the new NFL.  So many people are saying Wow what an awesome Super Bowl!  Well, yeah, it was competitive and down to the last second but neither defense had a chance because of the myriad new rules.  It is what is now.  On the flip side, it’s  suppposed to make less injury to QBs and WRs... which means less running and more short and screen passes.  I think they should take away the helmets and pads so when kids learn to play the game, they don’t spear or dive tackle.  Oh yeah and HGH and whatever else the guys are being “tested for” needs to go away.  Most of us played backyard football and we didn’t need helmets or HGH because we tackled the persons body with our body, like you see in rugby.  Launching yourself should be illegal just like clotheslining someone is. Just my ideas.

• Thanks 1

Real drug testing will shrink and slow the players.

Real grass will slow the players and create nostalgia TV events

Allow more hand checking or physical coverage.  

Dont allow LBs to drop in Zone coverage.  They must rush or engage a receiver.  

Remove QB protections that reward them for getting outside the pocket and entice them to run.  

Reduce holding by OL.   Make it a spot foul when blatant. 

Remove calls for head shots out of the Refs control.  Video review after the game and severe career threatening punishments.  Also if player is concussed with a head shot that player is removed until the return

I think these things slow the play.  Create competitive balance between offense and defense.   Create a more entertaining football. 

Get games over in 3 hours. 

i never watch a more boring “great” game than this past Super Bowl.     

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...