BENGALS FUTURE.

combatbengal

Well Folks, Like I said after week three - Bengals season is over. So now where do we go. 1st thing to address is the HC. Speculations are that Marvin leaves but then Marvin came out and said he didn't start that rumor. He did say that he would love to be a GM; Brown will never step down as the GM, he's to cheap to hire a football guy as GM. .  If Marvin leaves, who do we want as a replacement? I don't want anybody from within the organization; that won't fix anything. I wouldn't mind having Jon Gruden come out of the booth and take a crack at the Bengals. I think he has more discipline than Marvin does. But then we don't know what happens behind closed doors; Marvin's hands could have been tied on some the issues. 

Now, before any games are played this week, the Bengals are sitting to drafting at #10, 11 or 12. That could change after this week.  So what type of player do we go for in the 1st round? I don't think they'll draft a QB, they love Dalton. RB we seem to be ok. WR - who knows. TE, our 1st string TE has been on the shelf more than he's been on the field. We need OL men really bad! We could use a stud at DB! Any thoughts? 

I do believe that if one of the top QBs falls to their pick and they are in love with the guy, they will take him. No matter how much love they have for Dalton.

The thing they SHOULD do, however, is (assuming they dont trade down) draft a OLT. Specifically left. RTs are easier to find.

If they draft a RB, TE, or WR with the top pick, I will be being a new TV shortly thereafter because the existing one will no longer be functional

5 hours ago, TJJackson said:

I do believe that if one of the top QBs falls to their pick and they are in love with the guy, they will take him. No matter how much love they have for Dalton.

The thing they SHOULD do, however, is (assuming they dont trade down) draft a OLT. Specifically left. RTs are easier to find.

If they draft a RB, TE, or WR with the top pick, I will be being a new TV shortly thereafter because the existing one will no longer be functional

Which QBs do you like? Rudolph is the prototype. Jackson is amazing. 

I' bbe happy with either one in Stripes. 

13 hours ago, kingwilly said:

Which QBs do you like? Rudolph is the prototype. Jackson is amazing. 

I' bbe happy with either one in Stripes. 

I thought I liked the USC kid, but after that Cotton Bowl I'm not so sure.  Also the announcers were not shy about describing him as a turnover machine.

1.  Change the jersey.   Visitor is hideous.   Rhodes things are outdated and weren’t awesome to begin with. 

2.  Gotta add tackles.  I think you have raise importance of Center as well when drafting.  Maybe take two?

3. If a qb is there then don’t be afraid to take one.  First round rookies get 5 year deals essentially.

4.  I don’t need a complete house cleaning in the coaching staff.  Just let Tobin and new coach have the final say. 

5.  New coach.  I’d like an offensive coach former lineman or QB. 

The ending to this season leaves me thinking there are far more concerns with this team than I ever thought there were.

1.  Marvin and Alexander need to go.  No exceptions with that thought.
2.  If an above average QB is there, take him.  There are about 8 QB's who will go in the first two rounds.  Depends on #1.
3.  McGlinchey from Notre Dame would be my target if they don't go QB at #12.
4.  Get some help via free agency for a change.  They can't fix all the holes through the draft.
5.  For the love of God, please do something with this LB corps.  Minus Burfict, they suck and he's not dependable.
6.  Whether via FA or the draft, they need to continue addressing other OL positions.
7.  There's more for them to do, but would like to see some solid veteran players brought in to help.