Potential Coaching Candidates

COB

On 1/5/2018 at 9:26 PM, GapControl said:

I’m sure I’ve prayed atleast 900 times for Alexander to disappear.  Literally. :)

Think I’ve been calling for it sense days of the Dancing Bear and Roland the swing door.

On 1/8/2018 at 10:36 AM, cincyhokie said:

How does that work?  "Hi, I'm an assistant DB coach.  But I'm also like a vee-pee of coaching operations!  I'm not really sure what that means, though."  It's the assistant to the assistant guy that assists with things.  Seems like a cheap way of throwing a title at a guy you really like but can't make your DC.  I'd surprised if he took a gig like that.  It's a demotion no matter how much money you throw at him.  

On 1/8/2018 at 8:38 AM, ArmyBengal said:

I could look, but how long has Austin been in Detroit ??

I only ask because only once in the last 10 seasons have the Lions had a defense in the top 10.
In 2014 they were the #2 overall defense in the league.

When he had talent with the Lions he did fine,He has a lot more talent here to work with then the lions had

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

While I certainly think Marvin plays a part in this team underachieving in recent years, I think the level of true talent on this roster is debatable.

Outside of the rare time Burfict doesn’t revert to his idiot ways, there isn’t a single linebacker on this roster worth a shit.

If the Bengals can bring in a legit LB or 2, it will help immensely.  The rest of the defense is very sound for the most part.

34 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Report on the radio from Dallas media said players thought Pollack was in over his head and was forced out.

edit:  I just looked it up and we was there for a while so I’m not sure I buy that report. 

That indeed makes no sense. What I am hearing/reading is since Garrett came back, others had to go. Regardless, the Dallas line was monstrous under him in 2015 and 2016 and fell off this year only due to injury. Give me his scouting eye and voice in the draft room and his fresh eye on who is already in the room please and thank you.

also, since we often rightly complain at how slow the bengals move on hires, he was JUST let go in Dallas in last 24 hours. The bengals wasted no time getting him. This is a very nice development.  I know the default setting is suspicion and cynicism but this seems like a pretty great move. Going from Alexander to Polack??!! Awesome.