Potential Coaching Candidates

COB

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:21 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Oh I can’t sell out either. I’ll just stop completely.

I managed almost this entire season not watching them play or attend games. It’s really a small step from where I am.

Like I said, the only real reason I come here and still talk is because of you guys. Outside of this forum, I don’t even talk about the Bengals much.

Maybe that changes with a positive regime change, but I’m not holding my breath.

Ok I lied.  I'm considering selling out completely.
Maybe follow Zimmer in Minny.  Maybe my son's team in Houston.  Maybe just pick a new team each year.

Whatever.  Glad I wasn't holding my breath huh ??

It would be a good move but will it happen?? Bengals never release confirmation until contracts have been signed

If we're getting Detroit's DC, why don't we just grab their OC as well?  Jim Bob Cooter is well regarded in the NFL.  His Wikipedia page has one simple paragraph under "personal life," and it reads:

"Cooter is from Fayetteville, Tennessee. He was arrested in 2009 on an aggravated burglary charge after getting into bed with a woman by climbing through a window of her Fort Sanders apartment. [6]"

Awesome.  

I'm I'm good with cleaning house of coaches and players. I wanted Marvin gone but that didn't happen.

Give me a new DC I would rather have Jack Del Rio but Austin would be just as good.

Im happy these other coordinators Lon offense left for other teams, I'm sick of the same offense for the past how many years. Let Lazor install his own offense and bring in guys he wants, time for something new I hope.

I am personally responsible for Marvin staying? OH, please tell me it aint so!!!!

In one of these coaching-change threads, not sure which one, I said if I had a wish where I could get one Bengals coach to leave, Marvin would be my SECOND choice.....and my wish came true! I picked Alexander first!!!! Is the next two years with Melvin gonna be my fault?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TJJackson said:

I am personally responsible for Marvin staying? OH, please tell me it aint so!!!!

In one of these coaching-change threads, not sure which one, I said if I had a wish where I could get one Bengals coach to leave, Marvin would be my SECOND choice.....and my wish came true! I picked Alexander first!!!! Is the next two years with Melvin gonna be my fault?

You'll pay for this.

• Like 1

I still think we could have upgraded at OC by taking A.N.Other  - Lazor did nothing different than Zampeze.

I am not inspired for next season, with Lazor calling the plays (which will invariably be 3rd and long, quick lateral pass for 2 yd gain) we'll not be putting teams to the sword.

Incapable of building big leads and incapable of coming from behind unless teams blow coverage ala Baltimore in final season game. We would never have come back from a 2 TD deficit cos offensively we just ain't good enough.

it’s just really hard to do anything offensively when you have that much problems on the edges with your tackles.

I think most of the fired assistants from the offensive side are scapegoats for bad management.

They missed badly on two tackle picks. Neither of those picks are close to being serviceable.  They saw part of that last year with Ced at RT.  Didn’t franchise Whit.   None of that is an OC’s or line coaches fault.    That’s Marvin,Katie,Tobin, Mike deal. 

Then you have another big miss at Center that you could cover up and hide.  But then they lose another high caliber player and ultimately with an undrafted player at RG. 

There were several FA RG solutions in the 6-8 mil cap range.   Didn’t want to spend the money.

I’m guilty of being hopeful and hoping things would develop.  About every Bengal fan active on a message board saw the looming big problem way before TC opened.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 6:10 AM, ArmyBengal said:

Ok I lied.  I'm considering selling out completely.
Maybe follow Zimmer in Minny.  Maybe my son's team in Houston.  Maybe just pick a new team each year.

Whatever.  Glad I wasn't holding my breath huh ??

Snoop dog picks a new team each year

Supposedly it's Austin they want and are actually pro-actively pursuing, which I am really okay with - wasn't a huge fan of Guenther. I would be even more stoked if Austin being here means we can talk Ziggy Ansah into coming:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000904178/article/bengals-in-negotiations-to-hire-teryl-austin-as-dc

• Like 1

Yea I'm good with Austin as well. 

There are a bunch of ones out there with Del Rio and John Fox out there, would be awesome to get one of them on staff with the defense as well but who knows.

The better the coaches around Marvin the more he will succeed. Just like Andy Marvin needs that all star cast around him.

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

Well now the Raiders are offering Austin an assistant HC and DB coach. So who knows the bengals might lose again.

There was nothing stopping the Bengals from getting this contract done last week.  As usual, their complacency will work against them.  

If he signs with the Raiders, no one to blame but the organization that has an 82 year old man at the helm, doing things at the pace of, well, an 82 year old man.

Even if he doesn't go Raiders, his asking price just went up.  That could cost us this hire as well.  

Mike and Marvin will probably have a special meeting about this, say, Friday morning.

12 minutes ago, COB said:

There was nothing stopping the Bengals from getting this contract done last week.  As usual, their complacency will work against them.  

If he signs with the Raiders, no one to blame but the organization that has an 82 year old man at the helm, doing things at the pace of, well, an 82 year old man.

Even if he doesn't go Raiders, his asking price just went up.  That could cost us this hire as well.  

Mike and Marvin will probably have a special meeting about this, say, Friday morning.

How does that work?  "Hi, I'm an assistant DB coach.  But I'm also like a vee-pee of coaching operations!  I'm not really sure what that means, though."  It's the assistant to the assistant guy that assists with things.  Seems like a cheap way of throwing a title at a guy you really like but can't make your DC.  I'd surprised if he took a gig like that.  It's a demotion no matter how much money you throw at him.  

• Like 1