Potential Coaching Candidates

COB

15 minutes ago, COB said:

So nauseating.  They're seriously going to run tired, used up, played out, Marvin Lewis out there again?

Mike's too fucking old to do this job.  

It's like pulling the milk out of the fridge, take a sip and it's spoiled, but you put it back in hoping it'll be good later.

• Thanks 1

Marvin sounds like a guy who is staying rather then leaving.

If Marvin leaves it's because Mike Brown did not give him control to do what he wants with the team.

If that's the case then I'm not excited at all about who will coach this team, with no control no say what's the point.

Either way I still have no excitement about what's going on, sounds like a disaster no matter what.

I didn't see any real difference between Zampese and Lazor - I'd be happy for Lazor to be replaced, it's the same old shit of 3rd and long and throwing a lateral ball that really grinds my gears.

Alexander too -Santa, I asked you nicely so please deliver a new O-line coach.

10 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Marvin sounds like a guy who is staying rather then leaving.

If Marvin leaves it's because Mike Brown did not give him control to do what he wants with the team.

If that's the case then I'm not excited at all about who will coach this team, with no control no say what's the point.

Either way I still have no excitement about what's going on, sounds like a disaster no matter what.

Just an excuse for Marvin.   From 2012-2015 there were multiple sources saying they had the most talented roster.  Including head coaches of other teams.

0 playoff wins.  Multiple chokes and embarrassing prime time losses.

I can’t believe people buy into there’s some other segment of control that Marvin needs.  

Marvin has squandered more talent given to him vs being handcuffed.

The guy squandered talent in 2010 and before.

He’s an under achieving coach.  There isn’t more roster control he needs.

• Like 1

On the morning of the January 2006 playoff game.   If you went around taking $10 bets that Marvin would have 0 playoff wins in January 2018 AND you could collect.   You’d have a fortune.

Its amazing to me how people buy into the handcuffed theory.   Keep in mind not talking Super Bowl but rather making it past the wildcard round only. 

There’s no more control that can be given. At this point it’s the law of averages,time and avoiding his own incompetence that’s going to bring them to the divisional round. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

He’s an under achieving coach.  

Boom. There it is. The Lions just fired Caldwell for the same reason after only four seasons, yet here we sit on stale bread thinking things will be different from the first 15 years.

Mike Brown must be mentally ill to even entertain the notion of keeping mediocre Marvin!

2 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

I don’t think Mike and Marvin understand the backlash that’s coming if there’s no changes.  Many many more season ticket holders will not renew.  The dwindling fan base is near a death knell.

I'm hearing now that Marvin wants complete control of the team, the rest of the front office can grab seats in their offices and plant their asses there while he, the man of sooo much success in the past, will grab the tiller and guide Cincinnati to glory.

This is the same guy who has ZERO playoff wins as a head coach!!

Un-fucking-believeable...

FC Cincinnati, thats a good one :-) More cash to spend on FC tickets if you arent buying Bengals tickets :-)

I'd honestly and truly be OK if Marvin were moved to a personnel role, as I do believe his primary talents lie in identifying talent, particularly on Defense

That said, I am hearing he won't accept such a role, so ah well

17 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

FC Cincinnati, thats a good one :-) More cash to spend on FC tickets if you arent buying Bengals tickets :-)

I'd honestly and truly be OK if Marvin were moved to a personnel role, as I do believe his primary talents lie in identifying talent, particularly on Defense

That said, I am hearing he won't accept such a role, so ah well

Saying Marvin has talent is like saying a Muslim would like a ham sandwich and Obama was a good president.

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

On the morning of the January 2006 playoff game.   If you went around taking $10 bets that Marvin would have 0 playoff wins in January 2018 AND you could collect.   You’d have a fortune.

Its amazing to me how people buy into the handcuffed theory.   Keep in mind not talking Super Bowl but rather making it past the wildcard round only. 

There’s no more control that can be given. At this point it’s the law of averages,time and avoiding his own incompetence that’s going to bring them to the divisional round. 

He can be an under-achiever and also handcuffed - they are not mutually exclusive. 

Put me in the camp of rather buying FC Cincinnati season tickets over Bengals season tickets. Not that I have time for either, but if I did it would FC tickets.

A Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, and Paul Alexander grouping are a large reason for that. If there are no changes, the 2018 shirt slogan should simply be “Shitfest”.

Fuck these guys !!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

He can be an under-achiever and also handcuffed - they are not mutually exclusive. 

Yes they are.   

When he had the team’s to do it.  He’d lose a regular season game that would screw them out of a bye. In the playoffs,  When he had the better team at home or halftime lead he blew it.  

Him having 0 playoff wins has nothing to do with being handcuffed.

He never made it far enough to see how good they were or weren’t.

• Like 1

A meaningless (to the Bengals) win at the end of his 15th season.  That was Marvin's Super Bowl.  What a clutch coach, let's give him real ultimate power over the family business.  You've got to be kidding me.  

If a guy wins you a Super Bowl or two, then coaches to the end of his deal, he has the right to leverage you a little and get more power, or money.  He's got options at that point.

Who are we competing with for Marvin's services?  What has he done to entitle him to demand more control?

This is a clever troll job by Marvin, and it is a smack in the face of the organization that kept him way longer than any other would.  He's just creating the narrative (not enough control, interference by the Brown family) for why he could never win anything.

Marvin's a conniving little dickhead.  His condescending and disrespectful way towards the media and the fans isn't an outlier, it's who he is.  

Mike Brown, move on from this choke artist.  You(correction, WE THE FANS) deserve better.

• Like 2