Potential Coaching Candidates

COB

On 12/24/2017 at 10:11 AM, cincyhokie said:

But Mike needs to be comfortable with someone he knows.  Because feelings.

Reading this made me think back to when we all expected Brat to end up HC. It wasn't so long ago. 

I'd like a HC who could take advantage of a guy like Lamar Jackson bc I think the Dalton era ends with Marvin. 

One person I'd be happy to see return that hasnt gotten much mention here: Vance Joseph as our new DC.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21924512/vance-joseph-head-coach-denver-broncos-long-odds-return-next-season

Yes, I think Guenther will move on, on his own power, regardless of whether the new HC wants him to stay or not.

22 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Don't worry guys there is still a chance Marvin is the head coach next year. He still has to talk to Mike Brown, so there is always that chance lol.

Good Lord take me if that happens.

1 hour ago, COB said:

Jack Del Rio just got fired by Al Davis' very unusual offspring.  Any interest in Del Rio?  I'd think about it due to his experience.  Presumably he'd fix the errors he's made in the past.  Unlike Marvin.

I'd be interested but I don't think he'd come to Cincinnati. He'd butt heads with this ownership. He would bring some fire, though. 

I think this next HC will determine what happens with Dalton, and to some extent with Green. If they go to a turd with not much to offer, like if they promoted a guy like Lazor or Simmons, things could get ugly quick. 

My first person to interview is Pete Carmichael. Then the young guy who's the ostensible OC at the Rams. Then I'd look at a guy like Mike Leach. They need new fresh energy and ideas. That's not coming from a retread like Fisher or Lovie. 

So sounds like Gunther could move on to Oakland to be with Gruden as his D.C., meanwhile Marvin is going to take his time and decide his future with the bengals. 

So this tells me Marvin is welcomed back and probably as the head coach, otherwise he would be gone already.

So this will be just like free agency take your time and get the guy you can pay the least to coach this team. Keep taking your time Marvin.

Fuck!  Our good DC leaves to take a DC job.  That says it all.  See how this bullshit delay fucks us over?  Why not Gruden here?  He'd have considered it.  But others act while the Bengals ponder and posture.  Fuck this organization.

• Like 1

They are delaying because Mike Browns plans fell through. Hue is staying in place, Gruden is staying in place, no other coach besides Marvin will put up with Mike Browns crap.

If Marvins time was really up it would have ended yesterday. If Mike Brown wanted Marvin gone it would have ended already.  

I really wanted change, but I'm not convinced change is coming. This really sucks anymore!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

They are delaying because Mike Browns plans fell through. Hue is staying in place, Gruden is staying in place, no other coach besides Marvin will put up with Mike Browns crap.

If Marvins time was really up it would have ended yesterday. If Mike Brown wanted Marvin gone it would have ended already.  

I really wanted change, but I'm not convinced change is coming. This really sucks anymore!

Damn. I think you’re spot on.

I'd be OK with Del Rio as HC

Regarding Vance Joseph: I want to emphasize that I am only interested in him as a DC, not as a HC

The longer Marvin drags this out with SoaG, the worse our HC prospects will be, and the more likely that Melvin and the other stooges - including (UGH!) Alexander - will return

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Reading between the lines here.  Marvin wants more control.  In negotiations.  Looming contract details to follow.

Clinch your buttcheeks.  Here comes a 2 year extension.  

And 2018 begins to suck already...