Potential Coaching Candidates

COB

26 minutes ago, COB said:

In one sense it should be an attractive job.  If you get hired, you have the least chance of getting fired of all 32 HC jobs in the NFL.

But only if Mike is comfortable with the person.

If a candidate reminds him anything of Art Modell and what he did to his dad, then that HC is off the list.

Remember safety first.  Winning second.  Have to protect the organization and the feels first.

Winning second ??  If by second you mean a second so far in the distance you can't recognize it with the human eye, then sure.

The choices of which holographic image to place on the souvenir cups at the concession stand takes a higher priority.
I mean we ARE talking about making money right.  That super cool image plays a part in convincing people to pay $8.50 for a fucking coke.
Winning ??  Just stop...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

The choices of which holographic image to place on the souvenir cups at the concession stand takes a higher priority.

Probably Kenny or Big Willie.  Ha!  Jk.  It'll probably be a painting of the Aflac duck with a giant Verizon logo superimposed over it, and the whole thing will be brought to you by the Tri-State area GM dealers.  Get some!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Winning second ??  If by second you mean a second so far in the distance you can't recognize it with the human eye, then sure.

I mean we ARE talking about making money right.  That super cool image plays a part in convincing people to pay $8.50 for a fucking coke.
Winning ??  Just stop...

To be fair, I think he does care about winning.  2 years ago we were calling this organization one of the best in the NFL.  My problem with MB is that his stubbornness and rigidity overshadows the importance of winning.  And when they do well it can be very very fleeting.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:29 PM, cincyhokie said:

To be fair, I think he does care about winning.  2 years ago we were calling this organization one of the best in the NFL.  My problem with MB is that his stubbornness and rigidity overshadows the importance of winning.  And when they do well it can be very very fleeting.

He wants to win in the worst way.  But only within the parameters of what he considers sound payroll and roster management.  That's truly the only way he wants to win.  To go all in for a year or two with a bunch of high price free agents would be a betrayal of everything he stands for.  He'd never do it.

Mike wants to win two Super Bowls.  The first is the game on the field.  And if he were to win it doing things his way, his prudent, conservative, way, well that would just validate his decades of intransigence.  That legitimization of his method is his second Super Bowl.  

I don't think he'll get it now.  Should have pushed Marvin out and promoted Zimmer.  Too late now.

It was interesting to watch a game tonight where Zimmer had his defense shut down a pretty pathetic Packers team. Freezing cold, nothing fancy, just the effort needed to win. Nothing less. 

Imagine if Zim had ascended, Marvin moved on, Hue could have been the OC. Then not gut your WR group and OL in successive years. Also maybe they don't draft Cedric or Watson. 

Man, that could have been a hell of a good time. 

Merry Christmas to all you striped wackos. 

• Like 1

I think about our team every time I watch the Vikings.  As both Marvin and Zim let their work write the postscript to the Zim DC years in Cincy, it becomes crystal clear that Zim deserves credit for those years of hard-nosed Bengal football.  Marvin is a pretender.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, COB said:

I think about our team every time I watch the Vikings.  As both Marvin and Zim let their work write the postscript to the Zim DC years in Cincy, it becomes crystal clear that Zim deserves credit for those years of hard-nosed Bengal football.  Marvin is a pretender.

Nailed it.