Breaking News: Adam Schefter reporting Marvin Lewis is OUT

cincyhokie

On 12/17/2017 at 1:52 PM, COB said:

If Alexander, who's position group is the worst on the team in spite of having the highest draft picks, it will be an injustice.

The last 7 o-line draft picks are all either busts, terrible, or are either not on the roster, or can't get on the field, on a team with the worst o-line in the league.

And outside of Whit, Boling and Zeitler, with Boling being simply adequate at best, he hasn't drafted or developed anyone of note in over 11 years.  It doesn't help they rarely draft o-lineman nor do they re-sign the Guards they do draft on day one after their first 3 years.  

But Alexander whiffs with a lot of picks, I'd be ok with that if had a few more hits, and he has heavy o-line drafting/scouting input, and designs the run-blocking schemes last I knew.  They could use a change there in the worst way.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 12:34 PM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

The last 7 o-line draft picks are all either busts, terrible, or are either not on the roster, or can't get on the field, on a team with the worst o-line in the league.

And outside of Whit, Boling and Zeitler, with Boling being simply adequate at best, he hasn't drafted or developed anyone of note in over 11 years.  It doesn't help they rarely draft o-lineman nor do they re-sign the Guards they do draft on day one after their first 3 years.  

But Alexander whiffs with a lot of picks, I'd be ok with that if had a few more hits, and he has heavy o-line drafting/scouting input, and designs the run-blocking schemes last I knew.  They could use a change there in the worst way.

It’s something to keep in mind about the run blocking schemes because Jim Anderson has been gone for several years so this change is just as shocking as MB announcing he got a sex change operation at 84 and is now Michelle Brown (aka The Owner formerly known as Mike Brown)