Steelers @ Bengals on MNF

Stripes

Something going mostly unnoticed:

Dalton was otherworldly awful in the first game of the season.  Ever since:

20 TDs and 4 INTs / 63% completions / 7.4 ypa -- all behind a line that on a good day is barely okay (and is more often just bad).  This team sucks, but I don't blame that guy.

• Like 1

Dalton needs a good coach these coaches on this team are shit! He is not a QB who is going to be ok with mediocre coaching and mediocre talent around him. He needs Hue as his OC again, he did great under him, the whole offense did great under him.

I would take him back in a heartbeat as an OC, with another head coach other then Marvin. Not sure he would come back without Marvin here though. 

Iloka suspended one game for the hit on 84

Somehow, the same act PLUS the taunting that followed is worth exactly the same penalty - Schuster too is suspended just a single game

84 gets no penalty whatsoever for yelling KARMA over and over again at the fallen Burfict

Lesson: if you are a Pats or Pittsburgh player, its a little more OK to violate the rules and/or commit despicable actions

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, COB said:

Someone in Vegas has lost his mind.  Either that or they're having a hard time getting anyone to bet on Pittsburgh. 

Because the spread is 4 points.  The Steelers will cover that just by giving Marvin a dirty look. Take the Steelers, give the 4 points, and hope you don't get arrested because this truly is theft.

Hey!! At least the Bengals beat the spread. Just think of all those Steeler fans who pockets are lighter this morning.

20 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Hey!! At least the Bengals beat the spread. Just think of all those Steeler fans who pockets are lighter this morning.

I'm a little lighter in the pocket as well.  Dalton looked unreal on some of those throws last night, thrilling to see how he has developed during this season, I had no idea his stats were in the realm Stripes cited above.  Crazy.  

3 hours ago, membengal said:

Not sure what Lazor has done to get canned, volcom. If he stuck around, I think he has maybe earned it?

Honestly I'm just ready to move on from this coaching staff.

Andy has been much better with Lazor no doubt, but there is something about this team in the second half. It dosnt matter what coach it is, they can not finish games. They are a horrible second half team! 

Im just ready for them to move on.

3 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Iloka suspended one game for the hit on 84

Somehow, the same act PLUS the taunting that followed is worth exactly the same penalty - Schuster too is suspended just a single game

84 gets no penalty whatsoever for yelling KARMA over and over again at the fallen Burfict

Lesson: if you are a Pats or Pittsburgh player, its a little more OK to violate the rules and/or commit despicable actions

Truthfully I don't understand the game of football anymore, at least in the NFL that is.

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

Honestly I'm just ready to move on from this coaching staff.

Andy has been much better with Lazor no doubt, but there is something about this team in the second half. It dosnt matter what coach it is, they can not finish games. They are a horrible second half team! 

Im just ready for them to move on.

To me that's on Marvin. If a new coach cleans house, that's fine, but, frankly, what Lazor has done to turn the offense around from where it was after game 2 is borderline miraculous.

7 hours ago, Stripes said:

Something going mostly unnoticed:

Dalton was otherworldly awful in the first game of the season.  Ever since:

20 TDs and 4 INTs / 63% completions / 7.4 ypa -- all behind a line that on a good day is barely okay (and is more often just bad).  This team sucks, but I don't blame that guy.

His lack of turnovers are what I like more than anything - he still makes plenty of inconsistent downfield throws, but will take that over INT's any day.   The o-line and defense will just never be good enough for a guy like him to win playoff games here. 

For once you can say he wasn't the reason they lost, or a major part of it, against a top team. He's played well, but I don't think he'll ever "not" be inconsistent enough to hold a team back.  He goes through hot streaks every year it seems,  and has cold starts and regresses in December usually - so we'll see, getting Zampese out of here was probably the best thing that could've happened to him.

• Like 1

When Burfict went out, without Vinny Rey or Vigil as a replacement (minter hasn’t played or practiced in weeks bc of injury) you just knew Brown, Bell and Ben would score at the end.

Schuster should have been an automatic ejection.  That was Hines Ward all over again.  Hate that franchise.  Wish the other owners would stand and force the Rooneys out of the NFL.  

Oh I forgot. The owners are all rich guys who could care less really as long as they are getting richer.

Maybe time to split the league and let the small markets be League 2 and the big markets league 1.

i don’t know.   I just hate the Steelers and everything the NFL promotes (blatantly lies) them to be. 

4 hours ago, GapControl said:

i don’t know.   I just hate the Steelers and everything the NFL promotes (blatantly lies) them to be. 

The little video thing MNF did to expose the Steelers dirty play was a first.  I chalk it up to John Gruden probably listening to his brother talk about his time in Cincy and all the cheap shots he had to deal with.  It was a start.  

• Like 1

Steelers are a historic franchise in a better sports market.  Bigger fans base.

They have tons of fans.  Bunch of Hall of Famers.  

It's always gonna be Steelers do right and Bengals do wrong. 

The ONLY to change it is take of your own house and start winning championships.

The Patriots rise to media darlings is a prime example of transformation.  

But you have to be committed solely to winning and the Bengals aren't. 

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

But you have to be committed solely to winning and the Bengals aren't. 

This is my biggest concern after Marvin Lewis is no longer the head coach (I hope).

Will it even matter ??

They will simply bring in someone they know will toe the company line and not rock the boat.
This will be the reason I ultimately stop following the Bengals totally.
I'm telling you guys, that day is coming soon.

One day I'll drop my email to you all and be gone.
The NFL has become more than I can bear anymore.

Yea if Marvin is gone do we really think they are going to hire some big named coach, I don't think so. Really what day will he have here, probably none. 

Hell Paul Alexander is such good friends with Mike and his family if Mike says he stays I'm pretty sure he is staying. 

Im betting Guenther will be the head coach, not sure I'm feeling that great about that hire.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And of course the Steelers' derelict fans are crying foul over the no-TD call on James.  This is a good explanation, basically just because a player is "touching" a ball that's in the end zone, doesn't meant it's a TD.   Would've been ruled an incomplete pass, so no TD.  I don't understand why these simple things are "controversial." 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

And of course the Steelers' derelict fans are crying foul over the no-TD call on James.  This is a good explanation, basically just because a player is "touching" a ball that's in the end zone, doesn't meant it's a TD.   Would've been ruled an incomplete pass, so no TD.  I don't understand why these simple things are "controversial." 

Steeler fans aren't known for being too intelligent. They live off the joy of cheap shots, intentionally injuring opposing players, and referees ignoring such things.

24 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Blah blah Pererira.  The fact I know who you are tells me the NFL's rule book is bullshit.

Be happy you are the King of bullshit. 

2 hours ago, COB said:

Joyous moment in my living room, watching the Steelers fall on their faces.  My son is a Patriots fan, so laughter and fist pumping was enjoyed by all.  Even better that the Steeler fans feel they got screwed, makes it even better.

Out here, we spent 5 years in the old South Orange County Patriots youth football organization, so we absorbed some of the briny flavor of the NFL team. That and my wife is from Providence, RI. So them beating the CTEelers today in such a wack & fantabulous manner got the whole family hooting. Then, the dogs start howling like mad, so then I yell at them to shut the heck up. Then my wife yells at me, so our youngest starts crying, and... why did I ever root for those dang dab Bengals.... 

NADS.