Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

BengalszoneBilly

1 minute ago, cincyhokie said:

You do have to wonder at what cut off does the point come that he won't be back?  4-12?  6-10?  8-8?  

I don't think the Bengals make the playoffs and I don't think Marvin comes back.  It'll be more mutual than anything.  I actually think he's going to walk away no matter what.  Maybe he goes into the FO but who knows?

I would prefer he picks up his check, swaps hugs and kisses with Mike and Katie, jumps into his car and heads west.

16 minutes ago, jonf45uk said:

Lol! Yeah mate, all booked, not til February but I can't wait :)

I've visited the Land of the Rising Sun. A beautiful country, gracious people, delicious food, a great time is ahead.

• Thanks 1

It is well overdue that I feast on a large platter of roasted, fried, fricaseed, and barbequed crow

Back in the draft, as the 4th round started unfolding, I was in full out "GIMME A LINEMAN" mode but since we had already taken a DL in r3 I wanted (and expected) a OL to be taken.  I wanted either an OLT out of Florida State (Johnson) or the center out of WV (Orlosky)

Neither are playing football right now.  The former is on IR and the latter was waived at the end of preseason.

Here's what I had to say, just a minute or two after he was drafted, about our 4th round pick     

On 4/29/2017 at 12:41 PM, TJJackson said:

This is a high character physical DE, a tackler, high effort guy, strong (35 reps 225)

not a pass rusher

a 2 down DE

In another year, I'd like this pick.  This year, tho, not what we need

Not a pass rusher,  Hmm.  A first and second down guy, double hmm.  

Well, pass me the mashed potatoes, I hear that goes really well with crow

(but yeah, I'd still like him to rid himself of his propensity to jump offsides, so there's that)

I would bet that this point that not only is he a starter on any all-rookie team any legit sports writer draws up, but in any "redraft with hindsight" list I bet he is a top 15 pick, maybe even top 10.  On pace to be every bit as good a pick as our best 4th rounder in the last 2 decades, yeah, that duckwalking DT we all know and love

• Like 1

You know what's amazing is yesterday was the first time I think they used Hewitt for more then a couple plays, and they could actually run the ball.

Why the hell do they not use him more, I don't get this team anymore. When Hue was the OC they used Hewitt all the time with great success. They extend his contract and the fail to use him. Wish I understood there philosophy here.