Browns @ Bengals Game Thread

BengalszoneBilly

5 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

To an extent.  My theory on him is that he doesn't want to win all that badly - he thinks it's impossible to win a SB, as he's more or less stated.  He wants to be "competitive enough to sell tickets," which is what really matters to him ultimately (the Reds are the same way). 

People still fall for it.  

Completely agreed.  This doesn't fool Mike Brown.  He just doesn't care because he's content with the current financial status quo. He's basically content to fool enough of the people and bank the profits.

Just now, Stripes said:

I've never bought this "Mike doesn't care" shit.  There's no good evidence of that.  There's plenty of evidence that he doesn't know how to be successful though.

The Bengals are on pace to give up 400 yards of offense to the Browns.

Everytime he doesn't spend cap money on say a backup offensive tackle, he shows it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cincyhokie said:

Mike Brown wants to win. 

He just wants to do it his way with his players and his style.  He is loyal to a fault with his players and coaches and sticks to his dad's conservative philosophy on running a team.

He's not a "win at all costs" owner.  

Yes basically what I (and some others) are saying.  I do not think he's a smart owner or a smart football person either, not in the least, it's a mix of incompetence and apathy.  No need to drag this out, but wanted to clarify.

5 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Yes basically what I (and some others) are saying.  I do not think he's a smart owner or a smart football person either, not in the least, it's a mix of incompetence and apathy.  No need to drag this out, but wanted to clarify.

Agreed.  

What makes a good owner is not their lack of incompetence, it's their ability to see where they fail and bring in people to help.

This is where MB falls time and time again.  His ego and fear of being "taken advantage of like his dad" make him cling to his ways like Scrooge.

3 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

In today's weak NFL it is not bullshit

If you go high on a WR leading with your helmet, who's defenseless, you're probably going to get called.  That said, probably shouldn't have been called.  Peppers went in pretty high on him - he knew it afterwards judging by his reaction.  

3 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Don't worry too much.  The Bengals have at least 3 more losses in them.  Pitt, Minn, Det and/or Bal.

If a coach can keep the job he got in 2003 and not win a single playoff game during the entire span, you have to worry...

• Sad 1

Just now, BengalszoneBilly said:

If a coach can keep the job he got in 2003 and not win a single playoff game during the entire span, you have to worry...

You do have to wonder at what cut off does the point come that he won't be back?  4-12?  6-10?  8-8?  

I don't think the Bengals make the playoffs and I don't think Marvin comes back.  It'll be more mutual than anything.  I actually think he's going to walk away no matter what.  Maybe he goes into the FO but who knows?