2018 is now starting at the midpoint of the 2017 season

TJJackson

I'm fine with that.  I still wont be watching any games due to the BS coming out of the league and players protesting the national anthem.  Figure that out and I will start watching again.

If it takes a player not being signed because of the protesting BS so be it.

good job Mike Brown!!

Was he declined because of the anthem? 

Reid would about the millionth FA to come into PBS and leave without a contract.

Big deal.  I doubt the dance is over with him or another safety.

This has happened too many times.  Player comes in. Player leaves.   Sometimes the sign right before the draft or right after.  Sometimes they take more up front money elsewhere. 

Thus why the protest is annoying. 

11 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

By the way Reid has all the motivation to blame his slow FA activity on anything but his skill vs his $$$ demands.

Market will get tighter for him in next 2 weeks and worse if he waits afterward.

He’ll be one of those summer pick ups to cover for emergency. 

He and others always fall into that way in free agency.  Adam Jones will play NFL football this year just like Reid.  The guys who don’t get a contract are always because of obvious and damaging problems Josh Gordon- Kap-Manziel-Tebow-Odell Thurman-Chad Johnson

doesnt matter what the problem is :  skills, drugs , crimes, lack of focus, team cancer, PR nightmare, etc. etc. (ok Ray Lewis survives but Carruth and Hernandez didn’t)

the point is if you are really damn good and make the team champ caliber, a team will hire you. If you can’t handle the pro because of one reason or another - you are done.

same with coaches Drunk Bratowski , Drunk Todd Haley, cheating leg tripping Tomlinson, Assualt Joey Porter , Assault again on Reggie Nelson by Mike Munchak... 

Now the news about Reid and them questioning him about the kneeling.

Much like I don't care about his politics, I don't care they asked him his thoughts moving forward.  If he already publicly stated he wouldn't do that, it should not have been hard to reiterate that stance.  It apparently was.
You would think any organization who is trying to make money would try not to alienate a sizeable portion of their fans by signing a player that would do just that.
While I don't care about his politics, I still do NOT care to see people demonstrate during the National Anthem.  I simply do not feel that is appropriate or respectful, while understanding that's not what they are protesting against.
Find another course or action.  Hell, take action in the community.  PLEASE take action in your community, but we don't see that.  Any news about any of these guys making a difference in their own communities ??

Now, while I do not like it, I will defend people's rights to do whatever it is they like.  This is a free country last time I checked.
The thing people seem to miss is that there are consequences to your actions.  The players will have to deal with those consequences.
Just because people don't like those consequences does not make it wrong.

Hell, my 11 and 7 year old boys understand there being consequences for their actions.  Too much to ask of others I suppose.

• Like 1