2018 is now starting at the midpoint of the 2017 season

TJJackson

On 3/9/2018 at 6:29 PM, GapControl said:

I’ll take him back but on a vet deal with incentives.  He’s still an all-pro returner.

If he could stay healthy, he's a good returner, but isn't among your top 3 roster corners, isn't a safety and is 34 with a history of F ups. 

He's had neck issues back when, I wouldn't be surprised if he might be done. Or come back later in the season. He will play if he wants. Teams will (always) want a cheap vet corner, especially those with return skills. 

Stuff is happening all over the league.  Some big names and some not so big names.  Richard Sherman is a 49er?  WTF.  

Mike won't do shit, we know that much.  Interpreting the non-statements, and reading CJ shows:

1.  Eifert is likely gone.  Someone is going to pay him.  Tough choice but it is one I agree with.  He's too fragile to spend a bunch of cap space on.

2.  They want Zeppelin back, no doubt at a bargain basement price.  

Phins are now in the dark side of winning, lol, the offseason.   They look to be in fire sale mode since their plan has flopped. 

Shuh supposedly gone.  Timmons, Landry gone. 

Timmons I would take for sure but I bet Pitt will be in fast pursuit since Shazier is out for the year already. 

Dear Andy Dalton,

We are pleased to inform you that the monthly premium for your disability insurance is being reduced by 30% due to recent business decisions made by your employer.  Please be aware that the "Maimed or Dismembered" rider will still be priced in the 100th percentile due to, during practice days, your proximity to one "Vontaze Burfict."  

Thank you,

Rocky Cliff

Agent, Unyielding Monolith Insurance Company

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not happy that we lost Chris Smith as I think the guy is a star in the making, but 3 y 15 mil is a bit rich for where he is right now.

That said, I will grit my teeth hard if he goes on to be a double digit sacker for the Browns this year. Carlos is on the downside of his career and Johnson is basically already DOA, so I kinda looked to 94 as one of our starters-in-waiting, along with Lawson

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

signed our best punter :-)

but lost our second-best OLinemen for the second year in a row....of course, we only had one decent lineman. But Flesh Zeppelin played reasonably well, and I will miss him

4 mill was worth it for Flesh.  No reason to keep Ced O and Fisher over Flesh.

please god don’t bring back Bodine to start.

On 3/13/2018 at 3:08 AM, AMPHAR said:

Phins are now in the dark side of winning, lol, the offseason.   They look to be in fire sale mode since their plan has flopped. 

Shuh supposedly gone.  Timmons, Landry gone. 

Timmons I would take for sure but I bet Pitt will be in fast pursuit since Shazier is out for the year already. 

Shazier is never playing again. 

Burfict to me is unreliable and a short term solution for anyone due to his repeated concussions and permanent knee issue (going off memory here - think it's his knee).

If he's not being suspended, he's coming out of games constantly with injuries - almost every game there at the end of the season he was taking a knee multiple times it seemed, and he just isn't as effective as he used to be as a result.  IF they can get good value for him - why not.  But I'm guessing they probably won't be able to get enough for him (i.e. a 3rd rounder and/or a starter from the Raiders who fills a need here).

That said, he's their best LB by far, changes that defense - my concern if they trade him, is how they replace him.  They'll need a 1st round/Pro-Bowl level talent or FA.  Hell they desperately need a stud LB like that regardless, dropping down to #21 sort of counts that out most likely (can maybe find a productive guy, but not a big play-making talent that can dominate a game).  I could be wrong there if a player drops down to them, not sure.

Final thought is that I hope Marvin realizes how badly they need LB's - seriously the guys they have suck, and don't tell me Vigil is going to turn into the next Zach Thomas, the guy is just quality depth and a nickel player on playoff caliber teams, not a guy you can count on for 3 downs - plus he's going to get hurt a lot (too small) and showed us that last season, when you treat him like a 3-down LB instead of a situational and ST's guy.

• Like 1

Time to start having Redman and Westerman practice snapping the ball.

Please.

Yes, I still want a center no later than R3 (and preferably sooner) but we need a vet player ready to go by the beginning of the season. Have them work with Buckethead unofficially, with Barkley receiving the snaps so we get some use out of him.