2018 is now starting at the midpoint of the 2017 season

TJJackson

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

My eyes were just healing then I read that and had to gouge them with a fork again.  Jeezus...holy shit is that man facking isolated from top to bottom.  Nothing is getting through that ginormous ego.

Bengals were scrapping by in the 80s. relying on what was left of the greatness of Paul and two historically inventive coaches in Wyche and Lebeau. 

By the time Marvin came they were more than two decades behind NFL franchises.

Lewis has implemented every modern Bengals football methodology.   I have said it many times on here.   I believe he’ll be apart of choosing his replacement and not shocked if ends up with front office role.

I don’t believe for 1 second those late season games meant anything.    Marvin played the break up game to feed his ego and Mike is too lazy to start over and changing things an outside coach would want to.

oh dear god no - the first mistake of 2018 (not including the HC extension) is already being made

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/24/16928370/frank-pollack-thinks-russell-bodine-is-an-impressive-guy

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/26/16937724/marvin-lewis-bengals-working-hard-to-keep-russell-bodine

Lewis is such an ASS!

Number one on draft day Lewis relayed the story about him personally scouting Bodine.  Something to the effect he wrote on his notebook that he “must have”

Then afterwards complete slicence on Bodine as he is bashed from every where and performs at the bottom of the league.

Lewis let’s Paul Alexander take the arrows for sticking up for Bodine.   Fueling the Paul is Mike’s choice not Lewis angle.

Lewis plays the Mike Brown card when he’s without contract. 

After contract.  Scapegoat gone ( Paul says he left).  

Lewis says:  Oh yeah that Bodine guy.  We like him and he is a resign priority.  Leader.  

Can you imagine IF Paul returned to the Bengals, then the Bengals resign Bodine? 

OMG!  The message board out rage.  Mike and Paul!  Paul and Mike!   Redrum! Redrum! 

I don’t know if Paul left or was not asked back.  At least we know Lewis is an ASS!  

We know for sure the organization methodology towards football doesn’t value Centers or interior line play in significant cap investment.  You’ll have cheap rookies or cost value vets in those 3 spots.  

3 hours ago, COB said:

In my opinion Bodine will be gone.  All this talk about resigning him is just Marvin bullshit.  

I pray your opinion holds true. I'm sick of watching Bodine getting pushed deep in the pocket off the LOS.

I reads somewhere that Marvin was blabbing on the radio and said Left Tackle held us back.  Have to believe Ogbuehi is in line to be replaced.  Just the fact that Marvin, who protects players not named Ross at almost any cost, would single him out would seem to indicate he's finished.  Or at least depth. 

I like this - Aaron Rodgers is salty about losing Alex Van Pelt as his qb coach...:

@jasonjwilde
26m26 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers making his disappointment about Alex Van Pelt's departure as quarterbacks coach -- "without consulting me," he says -- very clear on Golic and Wingo.

@jasonjwilde
20m20 minutes ago 

Full quote from Aaron Rodgers on losing Van Pelt: "My quarterback coach didn't get retained. I thought that was an interesting change -- really without consulting me. There's a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach. And that was an interesting decision."
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, membengal said:

I like this - Aaron Rodgers is salty about losing Alex Van Pelt as his qb coach...:

@jasonjwilde
26m26 minutes ago

Aaron Rodgers making his disappointment about Alex Van Pelt's departure as quarterbacks coach -- "without consulting me," he says -- very clear on Golic and Wingo.

@jasonjwilde
20m20 minutes ago 

Full quote from Aaron Rodgers on losing Van Pelt: "My quarterback coach didn't get retained. I thought that was an interesting change -- really without consulting me. There's a close connection between quarterback and quarterback coach. And that was an interesting decision."

This dissatisfaction by Rogers is a reflection of a strange dynamic on NFL teams.

The quarterback, especially very successful ones, is a very different person and professional than the rest of the team.  He's sometimes a lot older, has been with the team a very long time, and is locked in with his position coach, and offensive coordinator, to a degree that is unusual even for the NFL.

Guys like Rogers, Brady, Roethlisberger, etc., kind of have their own team.  They are on a team with the position coach and the OC and sometimes the head coach.  Then there is the other football team that everyone else is on.  

How much does Brady relate to or care about a 5th round cb the Pats draft?  Not at all.  These guys have ten year relationships with their main coaches.  The other players come and go.

It makes sense that Rodgers is pissed.  Van Pelt was probably extremely close to him, possibly in his earpiece on game day.  

Yeah it’s a good sign to be getting coaches like Van Pelt and Jim Haslett (last year) and Frank Pollack.  These guys can coach almost anywhere in the league but chose Mike Brown and Cincinnati.  It’s a far cry from What was happening just before Marvin was hired on.

• 2 weeks later...

we have a signing! we have a signing!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/2/14/17013486/bengals-sign-former-giants-offensive-lineman-bobby-hart

S U P E R B O W L !

whats not to like about an OT who was rated even lower than Ooogie by PFT and also quit on his team - refused to play the final game of 2017?

Do you smell that? Thats the scent of a CHAMPIONSHIP!

• Sad 1

The good news just keeps rolling in for our team

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/2/15/17008044/arbitration-ruling-aj-mccarron-unrestricted-free-agent-2018-bengals

so we coulda had a 2 in a trade, and blew it

Coulda had a 1 if he was a RFA, and now thats blown as well

Best we can get now is a comp 3, which is better than nothing but nowhere near as good as the other two scenarios

And he wont be signing here. He wants starter money and starter playing time.

3 hours ago, TJJackson said:

The good news just keeps rolling in for our team

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/2/15/17008044/arbitration-ruling-aj-mccarron-unrestricted-free-agent-2018-bengals

so we coulda had a 2 in a trade, and blew it

Coulda had a 1 if he was a RFA, and now thats blown as well

Best we can get now is a comp 3, which is better than nothing but nowhere near as good as the other two scenarios

And he wont be signing here. He wants starter money and starter playing time.

It continues - every decision they’ve made in the last year or so has blown up in their faces.

Front office getting exactly what they deserve with the McCarron saga. I didn't think he was any beyyer than Dalton, but with the right team with proper coaching he may end up a starter. And he's certainly got a better chance of winning a playoff game now........

5 hours ago, jonf45uk said:

Front office getting exactly what they deserve with the McCarron saga.

i thought it was Cleveland that effed up the paperwork and not meeting the deadline  - ??????????????

6 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

i thought it was Cleveland that effed up the paperwork and not meeting the deadline  - ??????????????

I wouldn' trust either of them to get it right!!! My point was more of letting him walk away and getting nothing in return instead of trading him when they had numerous chances to

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see us sign this recent-cap-release guy: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-bears-josh-sitton-option-declined-20180220-story.html

I was originally excited about the possibility of Wilkerson (also released this week) playing next to our beloved Geno, but the more I read about the guy, the more he seems like a cancer, so no