Bengals @ Steelers chat/game thread.

BengalszoneBilly

5 minutes ago, cincyhokie said:

Can't wait for the upcoming embarrassment on MNF in December.

Please don't mention that.  ESPN should invoke a non-existent flex clause in their contract and flex us right out of that broadcast.  In fact, I'd personally just like to be flexed out of this whole season.  Watching Marvin, who I liked and respected for a lot of years, flail ineptly about in a grotesque horror show of a swan song year absolutely sucks.

14 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Watch Vinny Rey get trucked on a run right at him: 

Burfict up to his usual stupidity: 

Sums it up: 

Disagree on the Burfict comment.   That's just pussy view of football a game that's getting soft along with the fans and the media covering it.

A Fullback and Linebacker battling and taking it beyond the whistle is the drama that built the game.      It isn't stupidity at all,  the folks covering and watching have gone soft and also slant their opinions based on whether or not they like the team or player.

Even the kicking.   That's a no big deal and don't care what the modern panty wearing football fan/media personality thinks of it.

Yea I agree the game of football is gone. Might as well give them flags and let them run around. 

Touch a QB in the helmet get a flag, make a big hit even with the shoulder anymore get a flag. Not sure why guys are supposed to do anymore.They really are making it hard to support the NFL anymore.

My concern is with unnecessary penalties, not whether it's tough-guy stuff or not.  It's why they lost their last playoff game.  Putting on a silly act like that is pointless and shows he hasn't grown out of is temper tantrum issues.

I agree the whiny, hypocritical Steelers' players and sports media dorks make way too much of it, but it's just stupid - play football.  The other team won the game, that's all that matters to me, not this loser nonsense.

Lance McAlister's obsession with Mixon's # of carries in the 2nd half is also overly-simplistic and shows a lack of knowledge.  Maybe they shouldn't have gone to Bernard as much, but just saying he needs so many carries per half is silly, when you're down 12-15 points in the 2nd half, you don't have time to run the ball behind a shoddy line unless you're breaking-off 10-20 yards runs every time.  That's one small instance where I would defend Marvin a bit, it's just common sense.  

Offense is horribly inconsistent and can't sustain drives - been that way here for years under him.

The league has to at least pretend to give a shit about CTE.  I know I can't see a player getting hit anymore without an image of his brain rattling around in his skull forming in my mind.

Burfict is a jackass.  I am not giving that idiot a pass for anything.  If they cut him tomorrow I'd be perfectly happy.

I think Lance is spot on.     Mixon has elite talent, IMO.      The line sucks at run blocking, however you are robbing them of any chance of creating chemistry by not feeding 2 primary runners.     All 3 backs are being wasted,  as I also think Hill has starting talent in the league (not elite talent).   

Case in point.   Bell had 35 carries for a bunch of yards 133.   Averaged 3.8.     I went back and did a rough count.    40% of his carries were 3 yards or less.  Another 14% of his carries were for loss.   A total of 54% of his carries were unsuccessful.

As I continue my boycott,  I didn't watch the game and have only caught up via highlights and game summaries so I could be off base but the game in the 2nd was in reach for the majority as there were FGs and bend and don't break Defense.

In particular there was a start of series in the 4th quarter.    Around 11 minutes left, down 12.   Near mid field.   They open up with a pass and get sacked.  I believe Dupree over Mixon.      Just based on the formation that was a Run/Pass option deal and Dalton stayed with pass despite there being 6 in the box.   Dumb.   You got to feed the backs.  

No doubt if you feed these backs with this line you are going to get 3 and outs.   What's the difference?    They got a handful of sacks and Interceptions by throwing it.    Marvin and Lazor completely let that game get away from them in the 2nd half offensively via play calling judging by the drive charts.    There was plenty of opportunity to feed Mixon and just like Bell he'll pop one eventually.   He's got Corey Dillon skills and a much better surrounding cast.   It will happen, if you feed him.   

12 minutes ago, Stripes said:

The league has to at least pretend to give a shit about CTE.  I know I can't see a player getting hit anymore without an image of his brain rattling around in his skull forming in my mind.

Burfict is a jackass.  I am not giving that idiot a pass for anything.  If they cut him tomorrow I'd be perfectly happy.

The jackass trait is common through out defenders and linebackers.      Burfict is just the name you know.   

No difference between Burfict and Shazier.   Or any number of Linebackers.    Burfict gets the negative press that shapes your opinion of wanting him cut.    Get rid of him,  add another agressive LB and you'll let them ruin your enjoyment of classic football.