Bengals @ Steelers chat/game thread.

BengalszoneBilly

11 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Marvin's played Pitt 31 times in his career here, he's won 8 of those games.  Dalton has beaten them all of 3 times.

I pray this is the last year of the Dalton/Marv show.  I can't take it anymore, it's so predictable and boring.  That clown show after a bye week - pathetic.

Seriously, how many miles can you get out of a clown car?

Oddly enough I turned on the TV and it was on the channel the game was being shown. I was just in time to see Dalton throw the ball away on a 4th down play which effectively ended the game.

Even Romo could be heard saying “You at least have to give your guy a chance to make that play”. That being said, I heard the o-line played up to its expected shitty potential as well.

I didn’t even get to the leaves in the yard. I just sat around in my PJs all day doing nothing. Might have been in the top 5 of boring days of my whole life if truth be told.

That being said, it appears my day was given more thought and effort than the coaches preparing for this game.

Go figure. 

Yup because the Steelers did nothing wrong lol. I hear the Steelers this morning saying that Burfict needs to be out of this league. Bell has a video of Burfict I guessing kicking or something, saying this guys has to be out of the league.

Yea because the Steelers are so innocent, they never do wrong and always play by the rules. What a bunch of morons.

Then we wonder why the NFL ratings are down, it's just not as fun anymore. In my eyes they changed the game so much anymore it gets boring. I watch the bengals and that's pretty much it, but I even turned the game off yesterday, there was no excitement.

The line sucks, BUT...they did okay in the first half.

Can anyone explain why Hill HAS to start each half? Those are literally wasted series. 

Can anyone explain how Mixon had 7 carries for 48 yards in the first half and wasn't given a carry in the entire second half?

TJ can scream give me a lineman all he wants, but the fact remains that THIS coaching staff was given the chance to pick lineman, and picked THOSE GUYS.

I cannot imagine why Marvin is still here to lose the same game in the same basic way, over and over again. It is an exercise in cruelty to a fanbase. It is a constant kick to the groin. This team has John Ross, but Marvin refuses to clear him, so we can keep watching them throw to Lafell downfield who can't get anymore separation than I can. 

The whole thing is an abject joke.

The nfl is like a tv series that long ago stopped production but is still showing its 8th year of reruns.  Same boring shit over and over.

"Hey, it's Jim Nance here, look at these mighty Steelers, so much to admire about this franchise!  Oh look, they just beat the Washington Generals-Bengals, again.  Number 55 for those Bengals, Willie Horton, I think his name is, well friends, THUG!"

Then you turn on Sunday Night Football and hey, it's the Patriots, again, beating someone, again.  

It's stale, it's over-hyped.  Now it's even gotten a little creepy, with what we know about CTE, the way they keep showing the owners up in their boxes exulting over their gladiators' triumphs.  I feel somewhat complicit, watching these young guys bash their heads into each other.

I get that the personnel folks picked those OLs, and that the OL coach continues to praise terrible OL (especially Jeffro) despite shortcomings that are obvious to the rest of the world. Yes, they too are to blame.

That said, we need better linemen. Several of them. I dont think Boling is very good either, tho he appears to be the best of the Gawdawful 5.

My point is - the 5 they have now are not working out, so go find new guys to take over. The new guys picked (even by this FO) simply cant be any worse that this rock bottom bunch we have now.

I said at the beginning of this season that this team could be good if the OL improved to merely average. They are nowhere close to average. A really good defense is being wasted while this team faceplants week after week because of the inability of the OL to block even below average DLs

• Like 1

I think there are several other changes aside from change at HC that can matter, just as this offense has performed better after Zampese's departure.

I am not supporting Marvin here (especially after the comments here back in the offseason that helped create the shit stream our boat is now in: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/marvin-lewis-says-offensive-line-is-not-a-concern/ ), rather, I am saying there are other incremental changes that can improve this team, such as replacement of the OL coach

I would say that I think it is more likely than not, even with SoaG's well known loyalty to players and coaches past their prime, that Marvin is gone after this season, possibly even gone from the organization entirely, although I think it more likely he moves into the Personnel department in some capacity.

It has to happen, there has to be some kind of culture change. We are all tired of watching the same shit under Marvin and every other coach on this staff. 

If Marvin goes and they keep a coach from inside to be the next Head Coach, then there is no culture change. 

So hopefully Marvin goes, and they look outside for new Head Coach. I'm just so done with these guys!

Coaching staff owns the playoff failures in the past.   Should have been gone at the time.

Currently the Bengals have lost too much and the draft replacements aren't filling the void.

Unless someone can point me to an article confirming Marvin and Paul Alexander didn't want Whitworth playing LT and Z playing RG, I might change my mind.   As far as I know those players are gone because their market value was higher than the Bengals self imposed budget. 

The team is drastically bad in key spots along the offensive line.   QB play hasn't been good either.    

So the issue is two fold.    First you have to find coaches that can get the most out of the talent given to them BUT you have to have a more proactive Free Agency plan and Cap spending when player losses occur than just sitting around hoping the draft provides gold year after year. 

Whitworth was the best tackle on the FA market.  They didn't tag and just from a pure football stand point not factoring $$$$$, I'm pretty damn sure they'd all want to be coaching Whit at LT over Ced.   If not,  fire that coach that said differently and fire the manager that listened to that coach. 

Listening to ML on the Monday press conference right now.  

Just get the f**k out of here, Marvin.  Tired of your s**t.  Lame and f**king stale.

Seriously, how many more times can a human be subjected to the same s**t over and over.  For the sake of your health and the sanity of the city, GTFO Marvin. 

Just GTFO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, Marvin press conferences are always 95% same, win or loss - we need to play better, correct mistakes, etc etc.

Words come out of his mouth that pertain the football, but are devoid of any real meaning. He meets the latter of the law (his contact) that requires him to speak to the press. He violates the spirit of that law with every presser. Always. Well, hmm, except on a rare occasion when the interviewer is Lapham, but only when Lap is feeding him softballs

Unless you're telling me that this latest presser is somehow different?

Was it?

Mo Egger and Tony Pike are ripping ML to shreds.

"Marvin backing Dalton throwing the ball away on 4th down.  Then criticizing their only player (Mixon) for wanting the ball more."

That's says it all right there.

I'm rooting for nothing but losses the rest of the year.  Seriously.  Anything to get MFL out of there.