Zimmer or Jackson

Kazkal

I was under the impression that Minnesota loved Zimmer.  At the very least, surely they'll give him next season so he can have Bridgewater back.  Bradford is also hurt, so Case Keenum is Zim's current QB.

But let's say they both do become available - I honestly can't pick.  I like them both and would be thrilled with either one.  If the FO would have just retired Marvin a couple years ago, we had our pick of these two guys.  

I do believe Hue is out in Cleveland.      His current record as HC is 9-27 and this is how bad it is for him:  IF he could win like Belichick in a weak AFC East  going forward it would still take him 4 or 5 seasons to become a .500 coach.   He's done in Cleveland, IMO.

Just a bad, bad, bad career move for him.    The Bengals march to their own drummer, of course, but Hue is toast post Browns IF the Bengals don't pick him.

However,  I believe Marvin will be involved in this Franchise going forward.  So I would bet Hue Jackson would be on the top of the list, IF he's ever fired from Cleveland.

I would like to have an offensive minded coach post Marvin.   Andy was at his best under Hue.   I believe Mike Brown already agreed to have Hue be head coach, just wouldn't put it in writing.

I know many (most?) folks would prefer Marvin to be gone altogether, but I suspect that what could happen if Hue leaves Cleveland at the end of this season is that Hue would be rehired, this time as HC, and Marvin would move to personnel role of some kind in the FO.

For me, I dont care nearly as much about whether Marvin or Hue runs the show, I just want Alexander gone. So if Hue is anti-Alexander, then I am 100% all-in on Hue as HC. If Zimmer would come in and immediately fire Alexander, then I am a Zimmer guy.

All things being equal, I'd prefer Zimmer over Hue

Hue got screwed by those baseball geniuses their truckstop kingpin installed to run the Browns.

They did a baseball style purge after the 2015 season, just let vet after vet walk out the door without even trying to sign them.  It works in baseball because you have 4 plus full teams of young players in your farm system to pull up to the big club.  It doesn't work in football, because you don't have a farm system of players you've been coaching and developing for years.  My main hope in all this is that Hue invested his Browns money and that he can walk out of that shithole without MRSA to deal with for the rest of his days.

Hue has had nothing to work with in Cleveland or Oakland. Hell the Browns traded all his good players away, Hue might say screw this and just leave.

There is talent on the Bengals I would love to see what he does here, I think he could be really good. Hue also has a big relationship with everyone with the Bengals. I'm on board with him coaching here.

My guess is Guenther will be the next HC though. However if they hire Hue Guenther should stay as DC they have a good thing going.

1-19 is still 1-19 in a league built for parity is still tough to explain.     

For frame of reference the worse coach, coaching the worse collection of talent I can personally relate to is Dave Shula.   He still somehow managed:

5-15 in first 20 games with Bengals vs. Hue's 1-19 with Browns.

Then Shula was 8-24 in his first 32 with Bengals.    Hue has to go 7-5 the rest of the way to match.    Yikes! 

Hue in his total career has coached 36 games (Raiders/Browns) going 9-27.   Shula went 8-28 in his first 36.   Double YIKES!

I think Hue would work well here in Cincinnati but that's still some sobering numbers. 

Agreed, AMPHAR.  Cleveland may be terrible, but under Hue they've been historically terrible -- and I am really not seeing conclusive evidence that they're getting any better.  Nobody cares if they "almost win" a few games.  They did that last year.

If they don't turn it around and string together a winning streak of some kind, or a decent two out of three, I don't see how they can retain him.  I have been very critical of the Browns for their total lack of continuity; they're the anti-Bengals in that regard.  But 1-19 is a different situation.

One caveat though that should always be considered for the Browns is that the AFC North refuses to let them climb out of the shitter.  No matter what they do, they're still stuck behind three frequent playoff participants.  I can't think of another frequent bottom-feeder that is stuck in that situation.  Maybe the Chargers.

Who made the picks in Cleveland ?? Hue or the analytics guys ?? If it wasn’t Hue, they can do that without him and he could easily leave or be shown the door. If he had at least half the day, they will give him at least another season with a ton of picks in the first two rounds next year.