Revised Prognostications

rwalling

OK, so we have an above average defense, average special teams (arguably above average returners), above average WR, slightly above aaverage QB and potentially above average RBs, and a piss poor excuse for an OL.  What does that mean for the rest of the schedule.

BUF - Win (2-3) - See the CLE tape. 

PIT - Embarassing loss (2-4) - Dear Lord, please protect Andy (nobody else is)

IND Win (3-4) - Luck or no Luck, they are not good at football.

JAX Win (4-4) - Also no gouda.

TEN - Loss (4-5) another loss to another team with two lines.

DEN - Loss (4-6) - Von Miller, moving on.

CLE - Win (5-6) - Sympathy for Hue grows.

PIT - Loss (5-7) - Ouch.

CHI - Win (6-7) - I live in Illinois. The Bears are funny bad.

MIN - Win (7-7) Winnable.

DET - Loss (7-8) Winnable, but they won't

BAL - Loss (7-9)

Welcome to NFL mediocrity. If we had a league average OL, we win at least three more games.

I don't think it matters.  Worst case scenario -- the line is garbage all year and the Bengals lose to some bad teams and all good teams.  4-12.

Best-case scenario -- they scrape together 9 wins against a pretty soft remaining schedule and then lose in the wild card round to [insert any opponent whatsoever].

I can't say I'm excited either way.  This franchise has essentially killed my passion, and I don't think it has a chance to return until there are some new faces all over the staff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

I don't think it matters.  Worst case scenario -- the line is garbage all year and the Bengals lose to some bad teams and all good teams.  4-12.

Best-case scenario -- they scrape together 9 wins against a pretty soft remaining schedule and then lose in the wild card round to [insert any opponent whatsoever].

I can't say I'm excited either way.  This franchise has essentially killed my passion, and I don't think it has a chance to return until there are some new faces all over the staff.

9-7 miss playoffs and watch Marvin get three more years XD...Just kidding looks like Hue and Maybe zimmer  could be available after this season XD

Bengals have a struggling QB prior to the Browns game.     They can't run the ball or protect him to help him out.   That's going to be an inconsistent offense.

IF the defense can up the turnovers it would get them back into the hunt, maybe.   

The big thing with this league is September is unstable in the NFL.   Human Sacrifice, Cats and Dogs living together Mass Hysteria!     The lack of real practices in August leads to a very unstable month.     Can't really go by who beat who this early from week to week.

Yeah, that Bills game is tough, BUT.

They are winning entirely based on turnovers and splash plays.  Their defense isn't shutting people down...it's giving up plenty of yards, but coming up with enough big plays each week to win the game.

So, there's a chance, but only if good Andy shows up and Lazor stops trying to force a smash mouth running game.

Nope counseling is all Hokie’s niche. I’m a medical administrator since leaving the practicing side of things when I retired in 2011.

Afghanistan all but killed (pardon the pun) my love of trauma medicine.

Hill needs an o-line capable of actually run blocking. That being said I would be good with trading him now. However, God knows the front office can’t pass up a coveted comp pick.

On 10/1/2017 at 4:35 PM, rwalling said:

OK, so we have an above average defense, average special teams (arguably above average returners), above average WR, slightly above aaverage QB and potentially above average RBs, and a piss poor excuse for an OL.  What does that mean for the rest of the schedule.

BUF - Win (2-3) - See the CLE tape. 

PIT - Embarassing loss (2-4) - Dear Lord, please protect Andy (nobody else is)

IND Win (3-4) - Luck or no Luck, they are not good at football.

JAX Win (4-4) - Also no gouda.

TEN - Loss (4-5) another loss to another team with two lines.

DEN - Loss (4-6) - Von Miller, moving on.

CLE - Win (5-6) - Sympathy for Hue grows.

PIT - Loss (5-7) - Ouch.

CHI - Win (6-7) - I live in Illinois. The Bears are funny bad.

MIN - Win (7-7) Winnable.

DET - Loss (7-8) Winnable, but they won't

BAL - Loss (7-9)

Welcome to NFL mediocrity. If we had a league average OL, we win at least three more games.

Sounds about right.  A couple of those may not go their way, a 5-6 win season wouldn't surprise me either.  

Bills game will be winnable, not too much difference between the two teams:

Bills - points For 73, against 54. and the Bengals 64 for, 67 against

Total game yardage quite even with the bills at 284 and the Bengals at 291, the Bengals have more passing yards the Bills more rushing yards.

This game doesn't worry me, however the Pittsburgh game fills me with dread. Not because we're playing the Steelers per se, but because we're playing them as we come off of a bye week and we all know how Marvins teams come out under prepared following a break