NFL Boycott? Are you watching?

AMPHAR

The best thing they could do at this point is not show the anthem at all. All the look at me cry babies out there that want to kneel can kneel for all I care, I just don't want to see it.

So I stoped watching football till kickoff. They never showed the anthem, except for big games, so why show it now.

• 5 weeks later...

Are the pre-game protests still going on ??  I honestly have no idea since I haven't been watching or paying much attention in general to it.
I thought I would continue to watch and made a comment to that fact early on, but that obviously changed for me.

However, it had nothing to do with the protests or any of that nonsense.  It has more to do with the overall product never changing.
Bengals will continue to be a nobody team that goes nowhere unless by some perfect alignment of the planets.
It won't be because of forward thinking in regards to building a winning team on the part of the front office or coaches.

The rest of the NFL remains exactly the same and it's stale.  Maybe I'm a bad guy, but I watched football for the violence of the game.
Now the days of seeing a linebacker or safety demolish a guy coming across the middle of the field are over.
These days that will result in a multiple game suspension and fine.

Again, maybe I'm just a bad guy in the fact that I rather enjoyed the violence of it all.

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Are the pre-game protests still going on ??  I honestly have no idea since I haven't been watching or paying much attention in general to it.
I thought I would continue to watch and made a comment to that fact early on, but that obviously changed for me.

However, it had nothing to do with the protests or any of that nonsense.  It has more to do with the overall product never changing.
Bengals will continue to be a nobody team that goes nowhere unless by some perfect alignment of the planets.
It won't be because of forward thinking in regards to building a winning team on the part of the front office or coaches.

The rest of the NFL remains exactly the same and it's stale.  Maybe I'm a bad guy, but I watched football for the violence of the game.
Now the days of seeing a linebacker or safety demolish a guy coming across the middle of the field are over.
These days that will result in a multiple game suspension and fine.

Again, maybe I'm just a bad guy in the fact that I rather enjoyed the violence of it all.

You probably enjoyed the emotion, competition and violence mixed together.       I voiced my dissatisfaction with the league many times recently.   The protest are a secondary factor.

Burfict is a prime example of what's wrong with the league.    He's a dirty player and sometimes out of control.   Those players were hero's and glorified back in the day.     So go back and watch you tube clips of NFL today and all the crazy/nasty shit like Marc Gastineau and Lawrence Taylor did.

Burfict missing 3.5 games this year for hitting a FB over the middle and then making contact with a ref is criminal.   Tilting the landscape of competition.     What makes it worse is you have media and fans that treat it as if these things are pure evil.

If that's what football is today, then let the popularity of it die down a few levels for people that want to see competition that is overly managed by Refs and league officials.   That put in place rules that tilt the competition towards one aspect of the game.   Then let everyone in the media play "Emperor"s New Clothes" and tell you how great it is because these QBs have 6,000 yards in a season or whatever garbage stat.

It's not worth your time and money to get all wrapped up in the league like it is. 

Hope the country enjoyed watching Pittsburgh roll in prime time tonight.  And that's after watching New England roll in prime time earlier this week.  Yawn.  Same thing we've all been seeing for ten years.

The owners squabble over minutiae and culture war bullshit because that's all they think they have to do.  The product is mature, they wouldn't think of trying to change or improve it.  The one thing they actually spend time and effort on is determining how they'll split up the billions of dollars in profit every year from their "non-profit" enterprise, the NFL.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, COB said:

Hope the country enjoyed watching Pittsburgh roll in prime time tonight.  And that's after watching New England roll in prime time earlier this week.  Yawn.  Same thing we've all been seeing for ten years.

The owners squabble over minutiae and culture war bullshit because that's all they think they have to do.  The product is mature, they wouldn't think of trying to change or improve it.  The one thing they actually spend time and effort on is determining how they'll split up the billions of dollars in profit every year from their "non-profit" enterprise, the NFL.  

dont understand your comment at all, are you saying you rather watch 49ers vs browns on primetime than Steelers or Patriots??

So what's the drama this week in the NFL, each week it's always something new. 

Thats why I don't enjoy the NFL at this point, every week it's somebody new crying about something, some kind of new drama!

Well that and I'm just tired of the same old bengals shit! Hopefully one day it will be fun again, until then it's time with the kids, and playing video games.

4 hours ago, Dimster28 said:

dont understand your comment at all, are you saying you rather watch 49ers vs browns on primetime than Steelers or Patriots??

I'm saying it seems like we keep seeing the same thing over and over.  The same few teams winning, the rest of the teams just playing the role of "opponent."  The games and the seasons are all starting to look alike, as though we're watching reruns.

The other thing that jumped out from that very entertaining game was two teams that actually know how to set up and execute screen plays. I remain defuddled that the Bengals haven't figured that out yet. 

I heard a bunch of people talking about how the Bengals won on Sunday.
Typically I would inject myself into the conversation and go back and forth with the group providing my thoughts.
Today ??  I didn't bother and walked away thinking to myself, "They know it was the Browns, right ?!?!".

Am I wrong to admit I was hoping they would lose ??

Not wrong at all.  My Marvin fatigue engenders apathy this year.  But if they bring him back next year, it won't be apathy.  It will be a hostile antipathy that will have me openly rooting for every Bengals opponent.  Enough is enough.  This dude has hung on a few years too long already.