Packers Game.

COB

2 minutes ago, GapControl said:

Yep been hearing since Gruden.  Still a balanced 30 runs 30 pass against Green Bay and the Bengals had the lead all day.  The fact is, this line can't run the ball against real regular season football.  They couldn't do it that well when whit was here, except to run it up the back of smith and zeitler.

30 runs, but no home run. They need to be consistent and move the chains when needed. I see to many negative plays in the run game which is not helping.  

Still waiting to see a consistent running game.

21 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

The defense still gave-up 27 points (despite no turnovers) and the blown coverages and penalties did them in, just as much as the offensive collapse in the 2nd half.   

But it's not about blaming one side or the other, just making the point that this defense can't make huge mistakes like that in tight games and expect to win games - they have to carry that team if they want to win games.  They have coverage liabilities in Jones and Dennard - one of whom makes idiotic mistakes time and time again to blow games in the 4th quarter it seems.  Why Jackson and Shaw aren't used more in their roles, I'm not sure yet.

McAlister posted plays from Twitter that highlight Dennard's missing coverage to convert a ridiculous 3rd down by Rodgers, but did not highlight the big swings due to Jones' penalties and his blown coverage to seal the game.  I don't know why more people aren't complaining about his awful play.  

http://espn1530.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-09-25-bengals-plays-that-caught-my-eye/

Doesn't mean I wasn't impressed with Lawson and the pass rush, or the good run defense, etc...,  We know the offense is going to sputter and make dumb mistakes, that means the defense can't do the same multiple times a game.

Without looking at each Play of Jones, sometimes it's a misdiagnose on the safety's part.  

saw Jones make more than a couple pass defenses when he was on an island

14 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

The defense still gave-up 27 points (despite no turnovers) and the blown coverages and penalties did them in, just as much as the offensive collapse in the 2nd half.   

But it's not about blaming one side or the other, just making the point that this defense can't make huge mistakes like that in tight games and expect to win games - they have to carry that team if they want to win games.  They have coverage liabilities in Jones and Dennard - one of whom makes idiotic mistakes time and time again to blow games in the 4th quarter it seems.  Why Jackson and Shaw aren't used more in their roles, I'm not sure yet.

McAlister posted plays from Twitter that highlight Dennard's missing coverage to convert a ridiculous 3rd down by Rodgers, but did not highlight the big swings due to Jones' penalties and his blown coverage to seal the game.  I don't know why more people aren't complaining about his awful play.  

http://espn1530.iheart.com/featured/lance-mcalister/content/2017-09-25-bengals-plays-that-caught-my-eye/

Doesn't mean I wasn't impressed with Lawson and the pass rush, or the good run defense, etc...,  We know the offense is going to sputter and make dumb mistakes, that means the defense can't do the same multiple times a game.

Not a missed coverage by Dennard.    All-22,  blimp view shows it was zone and Dennard was in proper position as he had to track the underneath route #88 (I believe).    Dre had deep coverage on the eventual pass receiver.   He slipped in his coverage.  Which gave Rodger a huge Window to throw into over the top of Dennard.  

You can't go by McAlister's TV view tweets.  

Jones and Iloka were involved in the big play in OT.   Clear miscommunication between the two but also a good design as Packers forced the Safety to make a decision and Pac passed off the outside route to deep coverage he thought he had while at the sametime  Iloka was jumping the seam route.   Not sure who was in error.