Is Andy Next?

COB

I feel bad for Andy, this o-line will ruin him. He is out there seeing ghosts running at him, thinking he is going to get smashed on every play. 

When Andy was given time he was a good QB. Has he ever had a real run game here, they sure promised him one, but I have never seen it.

I like Dalton a lot he did a lot for this team and espically for the town of Cincinnati. To see him struggle the way he is because he has no time to throw, no time to look, it really pisses me off. The bengals front office knew what shitty o-line they had, and didn't even attempt to make it better. 

The bengals are clueless and I feel are ruining the career of a good guy who deserved better around him. Fix the o-line and the running game and watch Dalton have fun again.

• Thanks 1

Of course it didn't happen and this is sure to cause a ruckus but they could have just traded Dandy to Cleveland.. (or Minnesota), (or Jax), for picks and grab Kapernick, with AJ as very cheap insurance. Kapernick is mobile, arm is stronger than Dandy (will help Green, Ross, Malone), and SoP can perpetuate his efforts to fix grown men. All while alienating the fan base but yet would have a better chance at winning. 

Oh well. 

Dalton is a class act. One of my favorite Bengals all time. His line sucks for a 2nd year.

That said, I'm not convinced he's "the guy" to bring playoff glory.

What gets washed away with having a shitty o-line is the amount of plays Andy misses.  

IMO, going back to the home opener when he completely screwed up on the sack fumble when they had a pick play for Gio set up and it was perfect. 

Then against Houston when Eifert step out in the endzone the ball should have went to Green easily.

I haven't watched in detail since but it's plays/games like that, just boggle the mind with him.  

• Thanks 1

I'd be willing to call him the third-best Bengals QB ever purely by performance, and by character I agree he has been awesome here.  He's given us everything we can fairly ask from a second round pick who was the fifth QB taken in his class.

I'm ready to move on though.

Andy beats out Jeff Blake and loses to Kenny and Boomer as the Bengals best ever qbs.

one thing about the great teams of the top 2 guys is they usually had good lines on O.  Andy has had almost nothing the last 30 games or so bc they can’t Pass AND Run during the real games.  

On 9/17/2017 at 10:19 AM, volcom69 said:

Dalton is best when he has a coach that plays to his strengths. 

This team needs Hue Jackson back in the worst way. Hue got everything and more out of Andy.

All due respect, this is not a coaching issue.  Andy is best when he has time to play the position and execute the plays.  Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers couldn''t function behind this lame excuse for a professional offensive line.  Offensive being the operative word.

Coaching is an issue.    That's  too big a factor in the NFL.     2018 was supposed to be the first year of Hue Jackson.   Didn't happen and so it's not a surprise the lame duck status combined with losing quality locker room leaders has morphed into a "lost" team.

One time Whit got kicked out against the Jags in a shitty season.   It was at home though.    New leaders have to be built and the ones not willing to follow must be removed.

Since the day I heard about the Hue Jackson succession plan it's been my guess Marvin Lewis will be greatly involved in forging the next staff for this team.   Maybe even have a front office job.     I honestly think Katie is comfortable with Marvin's evaluations on that kinda stuff and I think she greatly fears going through what her Dad did post Sam Wyche without Grand-pappy Paul around.

My guess is they let Marvin do whatever the hell he wants to do.   Wants coach another year, it will happen.    He's built everything they do and it's been way more successful than anything the Brown family has down post Paul. 

Plus they've talked about bunch about continuity and financial cap structure.   None of that is going to change drastically in a short period of time.

If Hue Jackson is available, then Hue Jackson will be in play.  Along with Pauly G.   

I kinda hope they sell the team.    The PBS lease is coming up.    Team values are at record amounts.    The short-term popularity of the NFL has tanked remarkably.    I think the NFL is in a spot with media companies that they will have to take on some risk with advertisers in the next round.    

All this without the Head issues.     Cash in the franchise and go buy a Soccer team. 

From a business perspective, right now is the time to sell.  The market is crushing it.  There are a lot of new money tech billionaires around who would probably love to own an NFL team.  A billion dollars?  Very possible.  It peaked a year or two ago, but you could still get someone to buy it at yesterday's value.  Strategically, you get 3 or 4 of them interested then let them bid against each other.  And make it quick before someone talks sense to them.  Goodell could care less, he's worried about his job.  The other owners won't stand in your way, they don't want interference when they decide to cash out.  Now truly is the time.

.....but....    the Brown family!  Katie's field hockey stick from high school was just given a job in ticket sales, and Mike's step-nephew twice removed is about to graduate from Dartmouth and needs a job.  They won't sell.  

Marvin can't possibly want to coach this shit barge another season.  He's so done someone has left the fork in him.  Guenther?  No.  Need new blood.  They play it pretty close to the vest, so it's tough to make any predictions regarding what they might do.  

It's hard to focus on Dalton right now, because his o-line is probably the worst in the NFL.  He's "capable" when it's good, but he will always make that bad 3rd down throw or decision in crunch-time, slide 2 yards short of that marker, have that pass batted-down at the  LOS,  or throw that awful INT at the wrong time, or miss the wide-open guy downfield in a tight game against a playoff caliber opponent. He's been doing that for years and it won't change.  He gives them a chance when he's not turning it over at least, but he just does that way too much still (Lazor and Hue seem to have helped in that area though).

I think the fan base as well as the players just have Marvin-fatigue at this point. 

• Thanks 1

Mike Brown reminds of that Little Caesars Pizza commercial from years past with the Scout Master and the Boy Scout when they had the 2 pizza for 1 scoop.

Scout Master: If we get two pizzas then we are going to pay for two pizzas!  (While digging into his pocket purse for change)

Boy Scout:  Well then you'll get 4

Scout Master: If we 4 then we'll pay for 4 (While digging into his pocket change purse for money)

Boy Scout: Well then you'll get 8

Scout Master: Then we'll pay for 8

Boy Scout: Well then you'll get 16

As an aside they simply don't make TV like that anymore.   Classic

But the failed AJ trade, can be read into many different things but I think it points to not getting wide sweeping changes, why?

Well, if we get 2 then we are going to pay for 2 old Boy Scoutmaster mentality they've always had  and if you were going to make deep organizational changes why would you let that group of clowns bail out a division rival that sucks at finding QBs?

Marvin going nowhere, unless he wants too.   Let's hope he does and has the next Bill Cowher lined up