Is Andy Next?

COB

6 hours ago, COB said:

Wait, there's more!

On the Score App someone named Flip Livingstone published a story that Florio said sources in the locker room are saying some of the players want Kaepernick.  How much would you pay now?  WAIT!  There's more!

This is what happens when your team sucks, rumors start to fly! It also starts to pin fans against other fans, it's just never a good thing. 

Can people just let the bengals suck in peace, stop with these stupid rumors!

Honestly, I'm just pissed off that this team is wasting the talent that truly is there. I'm mad at the front office for allowing two pro bowl o-linemen to walk away and employing the "Hope and pray" strategy I've mentioned. I'm mad about Zampese even getting the OC job to start with. I'm mad about letting all the future head coaches this team has helped produce walk away, leaving us with minimal Marvin and now no viable option. I'm pretty much just mad at this team.

If I'm going to continue being honest, my rants about Dalton, while understanding that he does have limitations, are more about my overall frustration with the front office.

If Kaepernick is signed to this team, I'm checking out permanently. No shit. Full on fan of some other team.

Ok there it is....

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Honestly, I'm just pissed off that this team is wasting the talent that truly is there. I'm mad at the front office for allowing two pro bowl o-linemen to walk away and employing the "Hope and pray" strategy I've mentioned. I'm mad about Zampese even getting the OC job to start with. I'm mad about letting all the future head coaches this team has helped produce walk away, leaving us with minimal Marvin and now no viable option. I'm pretty much just mad at this team.

If I'm going to continue being honest, my rants about Dalton, while understanding that he does have limitations, are more about my overall frustration with the front office.

If Kaepernick is signed to this team, I'm checking out permanently. No shit. Full on fan of some other team.

Ok there it is....

I'm with you there if Kapernick would be signed I'm done as well.

If they're going with this o-line, Andy has no chance to succeed.  No one does.  The best they can do in re-animate Fran Tarkenton, or find his modern incarnation.  

But even if you could find a super elusive running QB and bring him in, how long would it take to get him up to speed on our offense, in sync with our receivers and backs, etc?  All season.  

At this point I'd be stunned if every game this year wasn't QB'd by Andy or Andy 2.0.  Hopefully they can both stay somewhat vertical. 

I loved Kaepernick's game when they went to the Super Bowl.  But last season while he was full time backup and full time distraction, I heard he had stopped lifting and had lost significant weight and speed.  Mike probably wouldn't be adverse to bringing him in, but both our guys would have to be completely wrecked before he would do it, like a broken leg on one and a spine injury on the other.

When we ponder if this team has lost faith in Dalton, there is no one answer.

The players - I'd say they haven't so much lost faith, but they are football players who have eyes.  Some team leaders were certainly verbal after that last loss.  

The front office - Mike has faith in his system, which includes stupid levels of allowing contracts to dictate what we all think should be football decisions. 

If Dalton has another horrible game, I think they'll bench him.  And a lot of that benching will, in my opinion, be due to players who are almost in open revolt.  Mike can thank himself.  Everyone knows this is very likely Marvin's last year.  I don't think the players really care what Marvin says or does, they know they'll be playing for someone else next year.  So they'll bitch all they want.

A lame duck coach, a beggar's dynasty in bad decline, and veteran players who won't keep their mouths shut.  That's the list of ingredients in this shit storm.

Let's have fun and play together!

The Kaepernick stuff seemed silly.

The Dalton stuff will play itself out one way or the other, I think everyone is just speculating at this point.  I can only see something like 0-7 or 0-6 forcing that notion to be taken seriously by MB.

Alexander, like Lippincott, would have to agree to quit, won't get fired.  24 years in a row here as a coach, the last 14 or so as "Assistant HC."  Can only hope he would be included in a Marvin-purge of some sort, although I wouldn't mind Marvin in a personnel role, Alexander should just retire.

They gotta suck all or most of the season for that to happen, and possibly a new QB.  So far, so good, just don't know if that's going to happen when Burfict gets back, and the o-line improves enough to make them more competitive, and Dalton will be Dalton - good enough to keep a job, always letting you down in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

That 3rd down play was a horror show.  Andy missed seeing LaFell wide open on the crossing route right in front of him.  Inexcusable really, even for a high school or small college guy.

But it's what he did after that.  He compounded his bad play.  He just blatantly ran out of a clean pocket, right into a near sack, had to throw it away and get hit.  Stupid, Bengal-hating, Jim Nantz said "Brooks was in the backfield again."  Not true.  Brooks was double teamed and stoned, he was holding his position.  Andy just took off running, ran Brooks right off his blocks and wrecked the play.  Dalton has the yips in the pocket, no other way to say it.  Too much scar tissue between the ears, ala David Carr.

Off topic - Nantz is infuriating.  IMO he bears significant responsibility for the demonization of Burfict.  His work during the Pittsburgh playoff game meltdown was the worst example of the dynamic we all see at work.  By that I mean, anything the Steelers do is good old fashioned hard football.  Anything the Bengals do is, to borrow a word he used in that broadcast, "disgraceful."  He basically put a Willie Horton smear on Burfict from which he has yet to recover.  He may never recover.  This last suspension was an example.  Even the appellate fellow basically said, "not too egregious a hit, but it WAS Burfict, after all."  

On 18/09/2017 at 1:50 AM, GapControl said:

I predict the Bengals go run heavy the next few weeks with some play action deep plays.  This offensive line is not good enough to throw on 1st and 2nd down anymore and the coaches will have to admit it to themselves.

totally concur

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Marvin finally admits that they are disappointed in the o-line. No shit thanks for doing something about it when you had the chance!

Is it just me, or did everyone see these offensive line problems looming with the exception of the entire Bengals coaching staff.

Marvin and company's refusal to acknowledge o-line inadequacy is, in my opinion, rooted in Paul Alexander's special relationship with Mike.

Alexander is the ultimate company man.  Above all, loyalty to the Brown family informs his actions.  Part of that is accepting your share of the player budget and working with it.  If we expect Alexander to screech at the FO about needing big free agent signings to shore up his position group, we'll be disappointed forever.

Finally - Marvin.  It's his fault.  He definitely has squawked about personnel matters, and should have done so in this instance.  Unfortunately, Marvin is phoning it in.

NEW HEAD COACH.  Jacksonville Jaguars, Buffalo Bills, and Los Angeles Rams are all 2-1 with new head coaches.  It can be done.

Not sure why this is still a conversation.  We know what Andy is and nothing this year has done anything to change that.

It all depends on our draft position this year.  If there's an upgrade available you go after it.  

Otherwise, get his protection straightened out next year and get some coaches that know how to use the tools they have (not just Andy) in the way they were meant to be used.

That's the big thing for me coaches that know how to coach the guys that are hear.

I like that Lazor is running more of a west coast offense then any other coach, love the screen game. 

They have no clue how to run Mixon, they keep running him right up the gut, that's just stupid. Time to run out of shotgun!

I believe Mixon has and hopefully will display a high level of cutback ability.   I would continue with the up the gut and have him pick and choose his hole.

I hope this will begin to pay dividends because I see a whole bunch of Corey Dillon in his cutback ability.      Could be wishful thinking though.  

• 5 weeks later...

Below is the Sound FX segment that came out this week.  They had Andy miked up this last week against the Colts.  

Andy played like crap those first couple games.  But let's face it, he's righted the ship.  He's not Brady or Rodgers, but he's also not horrible.  And after you watch the segment, as happens every time you see film or an interview with Dalton, you realize that he is one of the most decent people you are likely to ever come across.  Sorry Billy, I'm a Dalton defender!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000871022/Sound-FX-Andy-Dalton-celebrates-30th-birthday-with-win-over-Colts

7 hours ago, COB said:

Below is the Sound FX segment that came out this week.  They had Andy miked up this last week against the Colts.  

Andy played like crap those first couple games.  But let's face it, he's righted the ship.  He's not Brady or Rodgers, but he's also not horrible.  And after you watch the segment, as happens every time you see film or an interview with Dalton, you realize that he is one of the most decent people you are likely to ever come across.  Sorry Billy, I'm a Dalton defender!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/0ap3000000871022/Sound-FX-Andy-Dalton-celebrates-30th-birthday-with-win-over-Colts

Well opinions do differ.