Is Andy Next?

COB

I find myself after these first two games in an odd position. While I feel the o-line absolutely isn't helping Dalton, neither is Dalton. 

We've had many conversations about Dalton and I've always supported him. However, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to go to McCarron. Let him see if he can light a fire.

This team clearly lacks any type of fire. They do however possess a lot of lukewarm.

At the game the other day I was yelling about Dalton and some guy close to me said, "Well if the o-line would give him time"....

I simply said that the o-line has nothing to do with him setting to throw and then overthrowing to such a degree that he didn't even give the WR to make a play on the ball.

This season is going to end with a top 5 pick.

Fire Marvin, move on from Dalton while letting McCarron show what he can do, and determine if they should spend that top 5 pick on a new QB.

Jumping the gun a little ?? Sure but I really hate most everything about this team right now.

The o-line hasn't played well at all but Dalton absolutely is costing the offense and since we faced similar offensively challenged teams while playing great D,  it cost a chance at 2-0.

Same can be said about Zampese.  

They only needed a few plays on O and not  give the other team easy scoring oops.

They even squandered good returns in the 2nd game. 

Now when they match up with the Packers.  Assuming they improve but still struggle the 0-line isn't good enough to expect him to go blow for blow.

But first two games you only needed to protect the ball and string together some small scoring opps. 

tired of this crap, you guys forgot that he was consider for MVP before he got hurt 2 years ago??? a player dont get consider for that if he sucks lol. OL is obviously the problem here. Dalton is not design for this. QB like Vick is design for this suck OL but that dont mean Dalton sucks.

8 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

Dalton is best when he has a coach that plays to his strengths. 

This team needs Hue Jackson back in the worst way. Hue got everything and more out of Andy.

agree with this, after all every player is humans so they all have strengths and weakness. Dalton weakness is become crap under pressure. I think I am going to cheer for Browns go 0-16 this year and hope Hue got fired so he come back to us lol

31 minutes ago, Dimster28 said:

agree with this, after all every player is humans so they all have strengths and weakness. Dalton weakness is become crap under pressure. I think I am going to cheer for Browns go 0-16 this year and hope Hue got fired so he come back to us lol

I think the Bengals will give the Browns a run for their money in the race for the basement.

Andy is what he is anymore! He needs a lot of things to go right to have a good day.

Like I said his best years as under Hue because he played to his strengths, not sure Zampese did that. 

I have no clue if this new OC can get something going with him but time will tell! You guys are right though he has misssd a couple throws that should have been TDs, and I have no clue why he missed them. I'm guessing he feels he needs to rush his passes.

Still all this talent at WR and TE, and no TDs is just inexcusable, and embarrassing.Makes me sick knowing what this team could have been with a better coaching staff!

Dalton will have to implode at least 8 straight games before he gets benched.  And it will have to be obvious that it's because of his throws or lack there of and not because of his protection.

I predict the Bengals go run heavy the next few weeks with some play action deep plays.  This offensive line is not good enough to throw on 1st and 2nd down anymore and the coaches will have to admit it to themselves.

Watching Rodgers and Matt Ryan on Sunday night football.  They look like a different species playing QB than Dalton.  The ball comes out so much faster, spinning in such a better spiral, more accurate, flatter trajectory, the list goes on.  

I watch the Bengals so much, then I see these guys throw and I can hardly believe it.

It's still not that I think McCarron is a better QB than Dalton, but at this point they should really figure out what they have.
He certainly would shake up the current BLAH that this team is infested with.
The one thing I always gave McCarron is that he has an energy about him.
I also know energy like that is contagious.

53 minutes ago, GapControl said:

Good question.... hmmmm counting back to last season?  Something to look up for sure

I did take a look at 2016 on NFL.com.  There were only two games where Andy had below 56% completion percentage AND a passer rating below 80%.  Since that's the case, he had a good year as an NFL QB.  

This year he has already had two games way below 80% and everyone has seen the missed throws (whether he had more than 56% completed or not ) so We know he is below 2016 standards. 

The big difference is Zeitler and Whit are gone.  I don't see how McCarron can help that loss.  

I blame Alexander for his draft picks and his player development more than Andy.  Don't see how McCarron can help fix Alexanders problem either.

25 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

And I'm done here.

Wait, there's more!

On the Score App someone named Flip Livingstone published a story that Florio said sources in the locker room are saying some of the players want Kaepernick.  How much would you pay now?  WAIT!  There's more!

18 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

At the game the other day I was yelling about Dalton and some guy close to me said, "Well if the o-line would give him time"....

I simply said that the o-line has nothing to do with him setting to throw and then overthrowing to such a degree that he didn't even give the WR to make a play on the ball.

This season is going to end with a top 5 pick.

Fire Marvin, move on from Dalton while letting McCarron show what he can do, and determine if they should spend that top 5 pick on a new QB.

Jumping the gun a little ?? Sure but I really hate most everything about this team right now.

Yeah that Oline may have had nothing to do with his bad throws but do you think Brady or Carson or manning would be making those throws behind this Oline 

Dalton is making mistakes  he has his faults but let's be real how many offensive teams won the super bowl if flacco can win a Super Bowl Dalton can he is not the problem it is our offensive line  hands down as TJ would say give me a linemen bengals gave them two fairly early and they both failed Paul Alexander has not had a successful Oline sense 2006 besides whitworth and crew and how short lived was that