Texans @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

Time for a new QB as well time to start looking. I have been a Dalton supporter, but we got all we could get out of him a few years back. 

Its over guys. Whatever hope you had its gone! They had there shot a few years ago, but let there egos get in the way, and now we're back living the 90's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

Time for a new QB as well time to start looking. I have been a Dalton supporter, but we got all we could get out of him a few years back. 

Its over guys. Whatever hope you had its gone! They had there shot a few years ago, but let there egos get in the way, and now we're back living the 90's

I couldn't have said it better.

Yup and like we said last year, this team is boring. There is no life on the offense, there is no leader, and the one they did have left. 

They have been running the same offense for how many years now, it old and it's not working anymore.

Time for a culture change, time to get some excitement back to this football team. Time these young talented football players get the chance again to have fun. I remember when I was excited to watch this team, now all I do is bitch because they are so boring. 

I do like the defense so far though, a lot of young talent out there and leaders to help!

It's going to be a really long season with this O-line and Dalton making bad choices with the ball. We are now 8 quarters and no touchdowns, this season is not going to get any better anytime soon! What where the decision makers thinking with the decisions made about the O-line? 

12 minutes ago, Marine10311 said:

It's going to be a really long season with this O-line and Dalton making bad choices with the ball. We are now 8 quarters and no touchdowns, this season is not going to get any better anytime soon! What where the decision makers thinking with the decisions made about the O-line? 

They weren't. Marvin Lewis is showing all the signs of the onset of dementia. BTW Semper Fi.

2 minutes ago, Marine10311 said:

Start with firing Zampese, if that does not get the their attention Marvin is next. Need to make changes now, or it's a long season!

It's going to be an epically long season.

6 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

What was the point of activating Ross for 1 snap? Did he get hurt? 

That was Marvin way of teaching a rookie a lesson after he fumbled. That's his level of desire to win. Let's leave a dangerman on the sideline when Houston have their 2 corners out injured. Absolute joke. 9 points from 2 home games against very average opponents. How he, Alexander and zampese can keep taking a wage after so many years of this crap is beyond me. We had good starting position all night but what the predictable penalties, the gutless playcalling and downright ineptitude of the coaches and some players, all we could manage as 3 fecking field goals. And don't even get me started on a rookie qb starting his first game running in from 49yards......

1 hour ago, volcom69 said:

So Boyd was a healthy scratch for Ross who played 1 or 2 plays. Damn these coaches are smart!!

And Boyd excels in the medium range area.    I like Erickson and thought he played well but those targets he was getting, Boyd is the better player to be getting those.

Not attempting to use Ross and the constant RB merry go round are two big team management issues that have Marvin Lewis written all over it.  

I heard Boyd was hurt, that's why they made him inactive.

Refusing to play a rookie after he fumbles is just stupid self-defeating Marvin.  He actually had the hall tucked, just a great play by the D.  Andy can give it away 5 times and there's not a thought of replacing him.  Ross fumbles once and it's into the dog house.  I'm ready for Zmarvin to move into the front office.

1 hour ago, COB said:

Refusing to play a rookie after he fumbles is just stupid self-defeating Marvin.  He actually had the hall tucked, just a great play by the D.  Andy can give it away 5 times and there's not a thought of replacing him.  Ross fumbles once and it's into the dog house.  I'm ready for Zmarvin to move into the front office.

Nope Boyd was a healthy scratch Marvin said after the game

13 hours ago, COB said:

You know just like KC did with Kareem Hunt after he fumbled on his first NFL carry. Straight to the dog hou.... What ??  Oh.... Nevermind.