Sign in to follow this  
AMPHAR

Burfict invokes Trump tweet strategy, lol

AMPHAR    136

Over at Cincy Jungle they have Burfict tweets about a couple cheap shots by the Steelers.    Burfict has earned a reputation of a dirty player, IMO but that's also not an excuse for some of the media hatchet jobs done on him recently.  Also clearly targeted by the league as evidence of the KC suspension on a legal play. 

So,  I guess he's taking his message to the people.    It will be interesting if the league office does anything, several are pretty bad.   Including Roethlisberger attacking an ankle.

HoosierCat    362

Yeah I saw a couple Burfict retweets in my TL yesterday. I can't blame him, there were several very borderline hits by Pitt yesterday, which is to say, a normal Steelers game.

AMPHAR    136

I'm all for cleaning up the game for player safety.  

1. Levy your rules fairly as possible across all franchises

2. Do not sway the balance of competition between offense and defense

3. Do not destroy the flow of the game

NFL has failed on all 3 of these things, IMO.  

Judging by the videos posted by Burfict.    It would be questionable if Shazier isn't required to meet with Goodell and get placed on the watch list like Burfict.

• Thanks 1

GapControl    31

Shazier plays for the Steelers.  All Steeler hits are considered legal until proven legal.  That statement should make you ill.

COB    281

Just good hard Steeler football!! Better keep your head on a swivel!  

Bengals do it:  A DISGRACE to the game.  What a thug!!

6 hours ago, COB said:

Just good hard Steeler football!! Better keep your head on a swivel!  

Bengals do it:  A DISGRACE to the game.  What a thug!!

Oh so true...

AMPHAR    136

Is there national out cry about Mike Mitchell.    Burfict went through hell over hitting Ben low in which he was pushed in the back by MJ.

Mitchell is a clear case of a cheap shot and pretending to be shoved.    

Will the league act? 

COB    281
1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Is there national out cry about Mike Mitchell.    Burfict went through hell over hitting Ben low in which he was pushed in the back by MJ.

Mitchell is a clear case of a cheap shot and pretending to be shoved.    

Will the league act? 

I don't know if the league will act.  

Ponder, for a moment, the media reaction had this exact play taken place with Burfict in the Mitchell role, and Tom Brady in the Alex Smith role.

The mind reels, truly it does.

AMPHAR    136

Omg,  what if Burfict and Brady?

what a nightmare of public opinions to wade through. 

Its funny on Steelers board there's a good portion of them writing it off as an accident.

10 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Omg,  what if Burfict and Brady?

what a nightmare of public opinions to wade through. 

Its funny on Steelers board there's a good portion of them writing it off as an accident.

They dusted off an old excuse...

GapControl    31

I've watched a good bit of games the last couple of weeks.  I've seen countless hits which could be fines.  Interesting to see how it shakes out.  What I do know is the tape from a year or two back where Vontaze grabbed someone's ankle and turned it is what made him a target nationally.  

Now, that hit Ryan Shazier put on Gio or Hines Ward breaking Keith Rivers jaw on a blind side or Former bengal Kimo ripping apart Palmers leg.... well.... those accidents happen.  I mean, the game happens so fast.  

AMPHAR    136
23 hours ago, COB said:

I don't know if the league will act.  

Ponder, for a moment, the media reaction had this exact play taken place with Burfict in the Mitchell role, and Tom Brady in the Alex Smith role.

The mind reels, truly it does.

Back 2015 after the regular season game @PBS there was an uproar about a Burfict hit on Ben, low while in the pocket.

Ben even went public claiming he thought it was dirty.   A bunch of Steeler fan boys in the media jumped in

COB    281
52 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

The blatant God-dell favoritism towards the Steelers continues, chapter 56: Mike Mitchel only gets fined (again)

Ha ha!  Just good old-fashioned Steeler football!  They play hard, better keep your head on a swivel!