Burfict invokes Trump tweet strategy, lol

AMPHAR

Over at Cincy Jungle they have Burfict tweets about a couple cheap shots by the Steelers.    Burfict has earned a reputation of a dirty player, IMO but that's also not an excuse for some of the media hatchet jobs done on him recently.  Also clearly targeted by the league as evidence of the KC suspension on a legal play. 

So,  I guess he's taking his message to the people.    It will be interesting if the league office does anything, several are pretty bad.   Including Roethlisberger attacking an ankle.

I'm all for cleaning up the game for player safety.  

1. Levy your rules fairly as possible across all franchises

2. Do not sway the balance of competition between offense and defense

3. Do not destroy the flow of the game

NFL has failed on all 3 of these things, IMO.  

Judging by the videos posted by Burfict.    It would be questionable if Shazier isn't required to meet with Goodell and get placed on the watch list like Burfict.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

Is there national out cry about Mike Mitchell.    Burfict went through hell over hitting Ben low in which he was pushed in the back by MJ.

Mitchell is a clear case of a cheap shot and pretending to be shoved.    

Will the league act? 

I don't know if the league will act.  

Ponder, for a moment, the media reaction had this exact play taken place with Burfict in the Mitchell role, and Tom Brady in the Alex Smith role.

The mind reels, truly it does.

10 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Omg,  what if Burfict and Brady?

what a nightmare of public opinions to wade through. 

Its funny on Steelers board there's a good portion of them writing it off as an accident.

They dusted off an old excuse...

I've watched a good bit of games the last couple of weeks.  I've seen countless hits which could be fines.  Interesting to see how it shakes out.  What I do know is the tape from a year or two back where Vontaze grabbed someone's ankle and turned it is what made him a target nationally.  

Now, that hit Ryan Shazier put on Gio or Hines Ward breaking Keith Rivers jaw on a blind side or Former bengal Kimo ripping apart Palmers leg.... well.... those accidents happen.  I mean, the game happens so fast.  

23 hours ago, COB said:

I don't know if the league will act.  

Ponder, for a moment, the media reaction had this exact play taken place with Burfict in the Mitchell role, and Tom Brady in the Alex Smith role.

The mind reels, truly it does.

Back 2015 after the regular season game @PBS there was an uproar about a Burfict hit on Ben, low while in the pocket.

Ben even went public claiming he thought it was dirty.   A bunch of Steeler fan boys in the media jumped in

Burfict hits Joe Flacco like Kiko.   OMG!  The reaction and opinions held the next day.

IMO,  the Kiko vs. Flacco hit is 1 of many things the NFL has gotten wrong in it's rule book.    NFL QBs need to have protections removed across the board.     By doing that they then will become safer.     How?

Simple,  the protections built into the rules allows the competitor in the QB to push the limits.      They take extra hits in the pocket to make the play because of protections and small target area that can lead to penalties if the play is unsuccessful.    The getting out of the pocket to avoid intentional grounding always has these QBs flirting with on coming rushers as they try to balance the fine line of extending the play and between throwing it away.

Last nights slide rule is perfect example.   Those hits happen a little more than few times a season.   The QB flirts with tackler trying to time the hit and getting the extra yard.    If they new they were getting lit up they probably wouldn't run OR would defend themselves better than a feet first slide.

In reality,  you are asking Kiko to do the impossible and he's now suffering the "dirty" player tag.     Get football back to it's basics and naturally a lot of the protections for players will return.  

Let safeties start lighting up WRs over the middle and the team isn't going to run those plays as often and WRs aren't going to run through zones anymore.   As a result you'll get competitive, safer football.   A more entertaining product.

13 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

lol, Kiko not suspended.       However hit a fullback over the middle in less than 5 yards with your shoulder,  5 games PLUS some circles of media calling for banishment.

It’s the machine at work.  Small markets equal “media making stories out of nothing” because every game isn’t LA vs NY or Dallas vs Chicago.  Of course there are exceptions (Green Bay comes to mind). The “TV” people have to sell something to the national audience even if it’s obviously faker than a 5 dollar Rolex.

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Oh boy,  Gronk.      The media reaction is sad and weak.   Hesitant to call the Gronk out at the same level they would for Burfict . 

I saw that, and it's way worse than anything Burfict has done.