Texans @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

Yeah it's unfortunate but juicing in Highschool doesn't shock me at all.   Even way back in the day, I wouldn't say it was common but you definitely had your doubts about a couple guys.

I went to a Div 1AA school and was shocked over the amount Roid use at that level.    A guy got busted for rape, then turned to cut a deal and it uncovered a massive drug ring involving several substances but the eye opener was all the nervous athletes (including women) because their Roid supply line just got disrupted.  Crazy. 

I think a similar circumstance is what led to the FBI getting on Pete Rose for baseball gambling.  One of his associates was about to go down for Roid dealing.

Good Andy or bad Andy? History says Good Andy (or decent) after a horrific performance.

A review of last week's game showed all 4 of his bonehead INT's were from a "clean pocket."  So stop blaming the o-line even though they suck, for Dalton's suck-a-tude. 

So he is the reason they win or lose when he's turning it over more often than not.

Don't turn it over and the defense can probably keep you in the game (even w/o Burfict against this offense), get a lucky big play or two and a couple of FG's and eek-out a stinker 17-13 or 14-10 or something like that.

If Howdy Doody goes into give-away mode, then as usual, they have no chance.

3 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Yeah it's unfortunate but juicing in Highschool doesn't shock me at all.   Even way back in the day, I wouldn't say it was common but you definitely had your doubts about a couple guys.

I went to a Div 1AA school and was shocked over the amount Roid use at that level.    A guy got busted for rape, then turned to cut a deal and it uncovered a massive drug ring involving several substances but the eye opener was all the nervous athletes (including women) because their Roid supply line just got disrupted.  Crazy. 

I think a similar circumstance is what led to the FBI getting on Pete Rose for baseball gambling.  One of his associates was about to go down for Roid dealing.

Did the same (played college ball) and was surprised at the amount of HGH and shady stuff teammates were injecting in their dorms - meeting "doctors" in strange places and some of them ending-up with liver and kidney damage in their late teens and early 20's.

Turned me off from playing in college completely - you can have that meathead lifestyle and ruin your body and sexual function over Div II & III sports no one cares about.  At least high school ball was a blast.  

I'm all-natural baby!

"A review of last week's game showed all 4 of his bonehead INT's were from a "clean pocket." So stop blaming the o-line even though they suck, for Dalton's suck-a-tude. "

Uhm, no, this is still on the OL

When Andy (any qb at any level, really) knows he is likely going to be hammered on every play, it affects every play.

Even those rare plays where - lo and behold - Oogie and Jeffro somehow manage to earn a tiny bit of the pay that they should by all rights be refunding back to the team every week.

We dont have a single starter on this OL. We have a collection of guys who'd be 2nd or 3rd stringers on other (better) teams who happen to be starting because we failed to draft and/or develop and/or sign any OLs of starter quality.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:37 AM, AMPHAR said:

Watched the all-22 Houston vs. Jax and last year Bengals vs. Houston

1.  Houston is not disciplined in the run game.   Always trying for the Tackle for Loss and they take themselves out of the play.   They often stand up Clowney  on the edge and he doesn't look comfortable.

2.  Must trap the ends.  

3. Shotgun Read/Option Play Action looks

4. Gio should be your main back running and throwing - Burkhead had some nice gains last year.   Need a back to be decisive and hit the hole.

5.  Need to target Gio and Eifert off quick releases into the flat because their backers aren't fast to the sidelines

6.  Wheel routes with RBs will be big too.  

Didn't see a whole lot from last night that reminded me of what Jax did to have success and roll up 27 points.