Texans @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

On 9/10/2017 at 4:17 PM, ArmyBengal said:

The Texans are a far better team in just about every aspect than the Bengals. Their o-line is a mess as well but that's about it.

Ive got tickets for this one because of my son being a Texans fan. Someone will come out of that one happy. Just don't think it will be me.

GET A SELFIE!!!!

• Haha 1

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:09 PM, AMPHAR said:

Absolutely.   Not to excuse the OL bad pass protection or bad Dalton decisions.    Bengals had early running success from all 3 backs in the first 3 offensive series of the game. 

Zamp and Marvin need to run on their own gas.   

our bengals are so poorly coached,i sat here at home and called most everyplay.everyone knows when hill comes in he is getting the ball.dalton has to throw the damn ball when hill comes in and make him block somebody.the oc is awlful and Dalton ALWAYS runs to the right.he is so predictable.number 70 has to sit down and go find another lineman,anyone because he is going to put Dalton on ir rest of season.I am picking losses next two games.this super running qb for the Texans is going to jack his team up so much I can see them winning by at least two scores.marvin needs to sit his ass down and allow ANYONE to run the team.he has terrible clock skills and this offense is so predictable its a JOKE. Dalton will not have any time to find a receiver,the best chance they will have is to pound the rock and make it count and take time off the clock.i want to see McCarron come in and win this thing.next week they to the greenbay.how we looking I say three games down folks and marvin will be gone by Christmas and guess what some other smuchk will be leading the hopeless.

2 hours ago, fortyyearfan said:

our bengals are so poorly coached,i sat here at home and called most everyplay.everyone knows when hill comes in he is getting the ball.dalton has to throw the damn ball when hill comes in and make him block somebody.the oc is awlful and Dalton ALWAYS runs to the right.he is so predictable.number 70 has to sit down and go find another lineman,anyone because he is going to put Dalton on ir rest of season.I am picking losses next two games.this super running qb for the Texans is going to jack his team up so much I can see them winning by at least two scores.marvin needs to sit his ass down and allow ANYONE to run the team.he has terrible clock skills and this offense is so predictable its a JOKE. Dalton will not have any time to find a receiver,the best chance they will have is to pound the rock and make it count and take time off the clock.i want to see McCarron come in and win this thing.next week they to the greenbay.how we looking I say three games down folks and marvin will be gone by Christmas and guess what some other smuchk will be leading the hopeless.

What magic does AJ McCarron possess to be able to turn Oggieboogie into a real starting NFL tackle?  Maybe he can improve my bedroom performance too (lengthen it out a bit more)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Hey Army! Shawn Williams is back at practice! S-U-P-E-R-B-O-W-L!

Good God... I no longer hate this pick more than all others. That distinction now belongs to Mr. Elliott. Problem is, he no longer is a part of the team. Maybe Williams should still be a part of that hate for me.

Then again there are plenty of picks to hate on right about now.

Might as well save McCarron now, we're probably going to need him.  Also, awesome first post by fortyyearfan.  Stream of consciousness bitchfest, punctuation optional.  My kind of poster and will fit in here nicely.  Welcome fortyyearfan.

Seeing Chad pollute our sideline always pisses me off.  Hopefully they put him in the Blackburn family box (like he doesn't know what that's like!) or something.

On 9/10/2017 at 2:17 PM, ArmyBengal said:

The Texans are a far better team in just about every aspect than the Bengals. Their o-line is a mess as well but that's about it.

Ive got tickets for this one because of my son being a Texans fan. Someone will come out of that one happy. Just don't think it will be me.

one of you will come out happy even if result is 0-0 tie like Hoosier say?

Watched the all-22 Houston vs. Jax and last year Bengals vs. Houston

1.  Houston is not disciplined in the run game.   Always trying for the Tackle for Loss and they take themselves out of the play.   They often stand up Clowney  on the edge and he doesn't look comfortable.

2.  Must trap the ends.  

3. Shotgun Read/Option Play Action looks

4. Gio should be your main back running and throwing - Burkhead had some nice gains last year.   Need a back to be decisive and hit the hole.

5.  Need to target Gio and Eifert off quick releases into the flat because their backers aren't fast to the sidelines

6.  Wheel routes with RBs will be big too.  

• Like 1

JK.  I heard some analyst who used to play O-line for the Giants.  He said the number of hurries and sacks this weekend was double a normal NFL weekend.  He singled out the Texans and the Giants as sucking to infinity.  Texans gave up 10 sacks.

But he said there are reasons -

1.  The very limited hitting during preseason.  He went into great detail as to why lines need to play actual contact football to gel and play well, as opposed to someone who's position just requires them to run down the field fast.

2.  Too much passing equals defenders teeing off on offensive linemen, they don't respect the run or dumbass coordinators are using a no back set on 3rd and 3.  

3.  He said traditionally the offensive lines always struggle during the early part of the season, then assert themselves as the year goes on and they start to figure things out.

4.  GMs who stand pat, like the Giants.  He said their line sucked last year, then they brought back the same guys, expecting them to just get better.  He said GMs need to upgrade line personnel when needed.  He didn't mention the Bengals very bold strategy of taking a completely shitty O-line, and downgrading the personnel the next year.  

All in all, his comments made me feel somewhat better.  

• Like 1