Texans @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

Kaepenick YUCK. What an awful QB he is, only good thing about him is he can run.

Yeah. Behind this offensive line a QB with wheels is needed. There rarely is a pocket to throw from.

The fact that they let both of there best o-lineman walk without signing a starter, or drafting a guy is just stupid.

This is why they are no good, they just don't know how to run an NFL team. 

Like I said it's whatever at this point. They are who they are and there is no changing them, without changing the guys running the team. NO HOPE!

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

The fact that they let both of there best o-lineman walk without signing a starter, or drafting a guy is just stupid.

This is why they are no good, they just don't know how to run an NFL team. 

Like I said it's whatever at this point. They are who they are and there is no changing them, without changing the guys running the team. NO HOPE!

What's funny and sad at the same time is I keep reading Hobs and every story starts off with how shocked they are and unexpected this is and who woulda thought etc., etc.

Gee, Geoff, only EVERYONE. Literally it's about all anyone talked about for the last six-plus months. Fans, talking heads, reporters: this team would live or die by the oline. 

They're either liars, high on their own supply, or some combination of both.

Marvin and the coaching staff walk around with blinders on.

Like I said all this talent, but all wasted due to an o-line that can't block, and jump around when Simon says jump. So embarrassing.

They need to try something try Andre Smith at LT and see how that goes. If they do nothing at all it just proves the point to me that they don't give a shit anymore.

Overall Defense played a good game.   Some weakness in LB coverage and cleaning up plays.      Ravens caught them with an excellent pick play when blitzing 7 on a 3rd down.

I don't see how Dalton and Line fix their issues on a short week going against what many thought would bea the best Defense in the NFL.  Not sure how Jax rolled up on them in week 1.

Jacksonville did this crazy, completely unique, unexpected and totally revolutionary thing.

Ran the ball.

I know, crazy, right? I mean, who drafts a highly touted rookie RB (Fournette) and then feeds him the rock? Everyone knows that you're supposed to put them in a rotation and keep them on the bench half the game!

Fournette had 26 carries for 100 yards and a score, plus 3 catches for 24 yards. Overall the Jags ran 39 times to just 21 passes. Bortles had a whopping 125 yards and 1 TD on 11 completions.

Given how Zampese kept trying to pass into the teeth of the Ravens dropping 8, I'm not hopeful. But the blueprint is plain. Pound the rock.

41 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

Jacksonville did this crazy, completely unique, unexpected and totally revolutionary thing.

Ran the ball.

I know, crazy, right? I mean, who drafts a highly touted rookie RB (Fournette) and then feeds him the rock? Everyone knows that you're supposed to put them in a rotation and keep them on the bench half the game!

Fournette had 26 carries for 100 yards and a score, plus 3 catches for 24 yards. Overall the Jags ran 39 times to just 21 passes. Bortles had a whopping 125 yards and 1 TD on 11 completions.

Given how Zampese kept trying to pass into the teeth of the Ravens dropping 8, I'm not hopeful. But the blueprint is plain. Pound the rock.

Absolutely.   Not to excuse the OL bad pass protection or bad Dalton decisions.    Bengals had early running success from all 3 backs in the first 3 offensive series of the game. 

Zamp and Marvin need to run on their own gas.