Ravens @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

I will always root for the bengals and hope for the best, but something has to change.

Just like last year, where is the excitement at? There is nothing exciting knowing they got rid of there best player and best leader on the team. There second best o-lineman gone as well. They are replaced by crap!

Sorry can't get excited about all these young players when you know they are going no where behind this o-line.

9 minutes ago, COB said:

Cancel Christmas.  Dalton is what he is.  Zampese is in way over his head, that is undeniable.  What a fucked up thing to do, install at LT the guy who washed out at RT the previous season.  What logic was used to justify that move?

Same logic as always: $$$

Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu, Andrew Whitworth, Kevin Zeitler...all deemed too expensive. And days like today are the inevitable result.

I remember during the off season and after the draft, I said we were in trouble; we lost our two best linemen and didn't do anything in FA or the draft to address the loss. Well we did bring back injury prone Smith. A lot of people on here said, no worries our young guys will step up and fill those roles. Well after four preseason games and a pathetic outing today..... it's not happening. I went to the game and it was horrific. Play calling sucked as usual and predictable! The O line didn't do crap. Dalton gave the ball away 4-5 times. Def couldn't tackle or cover... There was no sense of urgency as usual. No discipline - that'll never change under the current leadership. My god, 1st play of the game and we get a false start in our own stadium! How does that happen? We got three studs at RB, why can't we put two or all three of them on the field at the same time. Try to confuse the def... which stud is getting the ball? I'm baffled!

One last thought comes to mind. I think the organizations leadership spent more time and work for the 50th years celebration then they did improving the team and getting a competitor on the field. That 50th birthday crap is just a poi to get more people in the seats. Here's a bright idea Mr. Brown, put a winning team on the field and you just might fill those seats.

50 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

If Westerman isn't injured, he's a bust. Next...

Nah. We're going to need him. Sounds like Hopkins is done. Per Hobs it's a "major injury." We know Moobs won't hold up for a whole campaign, and Ced continues to bust. 

Prediction: Winston will be re-signed before Thursday.

After watching all the vids Ryan put on his TL, I'm not sure Bodine isn't the bigger problem at this point. Yeah, Ced is bad, but there are ways to address that, like putting in Moobs or parking a TE next to him. But I dunno what you do about Bodine. He just gets rag dolled and run over every other play.