Which kicker makes the team?

rwjcgc

And Marvin gets defensive when asked about him (not surprising really).

He is coaching like this is his last year - or will be if he doesn't win, and panicked on Elliot I bet.  Giving a drafted kicker the chance to get over rookie jitters and mechanical flaws seems reasonable - but not here.  3 out of 5 isn't exactly horrible either, especially when you throw a game-winning 61 yarder in there.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice job Marvin/Bengals.

Jake Elliott is such a beast that the NFL keeps "randomly" drug testing him

" Pretty funny how the NFL has been “randomly” testing Elliott a lot after the rookie kicker nailed a 61-yard field goal to beat the New York Giants in Week 3. Speaking of that moment, Elliott has been perfect on his field goal attempts since then. He’s 12-12 ever since Jason Peters told him “no more misses, bro.” So let’s not forget to give JP credit here. Elliott is also 13-13 on extra points this season. Elliott has been quite the find."

To be fair from my own perspective, I thought the Bengals selected the wrong kicker, so I too was wrong. However, the Bengals did their scouting and based on that scouting, decided to use a 5th rounder to select Elliott. Then they turned around and cut him.

Talk about not trusting your own intel...

49 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

To be fair from my own perspective, I thought the Bengals selected the wrong kicker, so I too was wrong. However, the Bengals did their scouting and based on that scouting, decided to use a 5th rounder to select Elliott. Then they turned around and cut him.

Talk about not trusting your own intel...

It's a symptom of dysfunction.

1 hour ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Painful.

I will never understand you guys, why is Elliot better than Bullock????? Elliot missed 3 fg and 2 extra points so far with none of then being blocked, while Bullock missed 2 fg and 0 extra pointa and one of missed was by blocked.

8 hours ago, Dimster28 said:

I will never understand you guys, why is Elliot better than Bullock????? Elliot missed 3 fg and 2 extra points so far with none of then being blocked, while Bullock missed 2 fg and 0 extra pointa and one of missed was by blocked.

One of them is a talented rookie with a high ceiling who was drafted by the team.  One of them is a journeyman with a low ceiling who was picked off of the scrap heap to calm the waters when Nugent was screwing the pooch.

Give me the former every time.

• Thanks 1

Eh,   keep Elliot and when he missed X-point or FGs it's complaining about drafting/keeping a PK that didn't beat out Bullock.

All the Bengals did was scout and find two high quality kickers.  

Although,  I don't think our offense and game situations have really tested Bullock in this season.   It seems we aren't really generating the need or opportunity for pressure or long kicks.