15 seasons and no playoff wins.

So this season reminds me of the 08 season I think it was. 

O-line talent leaves but is never replaced by any talent. I'm just waiting for Dalton to break his nose or his hand or something. Behind this line something will happen.

Only good thing I see coming out of this season is we might see some great young talent emerge. 

Marvin will be gone after this year, and i bet Paul Guenther will be the new HC. 

I know it's after one game, and maybe things will come together, but wow I'm just not seeing it.

16 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I did. No alcohol involved.  My stomach churned after Stokley (I think) caught the Leon Hall deflection.   Mouth started watering and boom! 

Goodness.  It was a sickening development, though.  I couldn't believe it when it happened.  No wait, I actually could believe it.  Much credit goes to you for leaving your detailed review of the game for all to see on the concrete at PBS.

10 hours ago, COB said:

Goodness.  It was a sickening development, though.  I couldn't believe it when it happened.  No wait, I actually could believe it.  Much credit goes to you for leaving your detailed review of the game for all to see on the concrete at PBS.

Empty cup and it wasn't a monster Flu like puke more like a minor throw up in your mouth spit kinda thing.

It was soooo devastating my stomach couldn't handle it.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:39 AM, HoosierCat said:

I'm actually a bit more optimistic than I was earlier this year. The oline has shown signs of life, and that's far and away the biggest concern on the team. The pass rush also looks to be improved. People forget, but even with all the struggles last year, the 2016 Bengals are probably a 10-win team if Nugent doesn't completely fall to pieces.

I do not think this is a championship squad, unfortunately. But it looks good enough to break our hearts in the first round again. And yeah, that will be enough to get Marvin an extension. I believe the late Sam Kinison put it best:

I can always relate to Sam.

It's pretty much 2010 all over again. QB is pressing and making bad throw and decisions as a result. The offense either lacks weapons or won't use them. The OC's system is stale and predictable and he cant change. And neither the HC nor the FO gives a shit.

Oh well. At least there will be leaves to rake soon.

Zampese is a bust.  18 games as OC and everything about our offense has been in steady decline the whole time.

All our good coaches from the run we had got hired away, i.e. Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, Mike Zimmer, Jay Gruden, everyone.  Zampese didn't get hired away, put it that way.  

But we're stuck with this staff.  Just remember that 50 years or so ago Mike Brown watched his dad feel sad over getting fired so we are screwed.

I think the title of thread can be updated at this point.  16 seasons and no playoff win, ugh.

To be  honest it's inherently not fair to a number of coaches and players but some should lose their job or demoted.

1. Zamp's offense doesn't have any flow at all.    Should be dropped down to Offensive assistant/consultant or QB coach.   Take the current WR or QB coach and let them call plays.

2. Alexander - Unless he was up there telling them he didn't want Whitworth and Zeitler because he had Ced, Fisher, and Hopkins.    But he's failed at developing the players given.  Should be fired and grab McNally who is a consultant currently and have him fill the gap temporary.  Not sure if anyone could else could pick up O-line duties.

3. Bench Dalton.    Just isn't making the plays that are there.   AJ isn't a better QB but I think he does have better ability to move and throw over Dalton.  

4. One of the 3 RBs.   1 has to become the main guy, I vote Mixon although I think Hill has run well.   Then Gio.   3rd man sits.

5.  Tackles - I would bench Ced.   Andre Smith at RT, Fisher at LT.   Ced becomes tackle eligible.    They should play a lot of that.   OR  I sign Winston.   Move Fisher to RG.  Johnson to C, Smith at RT.   Winston becomes Tackle eligible and you play a ton of 6 man lines and two TE formations.

Marvin will never be fired, IMO.   Because they want him to be involved in the front office with Katie for the future, IMO. 

2 hours ago, COB said:

Zampese is a bust.  18 games as OC and everything about our offense has been in steady decline the whole time.

All our good coaches from the run we had got hired away, i.e. Hue Jackson, Vance Joseph, Mike Zimmer, Jay Gruden, everyone.  Zampese didn't get hired away, put it that way.  

But we're stuck with this staff.  Just remember that 50 years or so ago Mike Brown watched his dad feel sad over getting fired so we are screwed.

NTWHBS

I don't care what type of QB play you get or what type of o-line play you get there is 0 excuse for 9 points in 8 quarters of football.   ZERO.   That's on Marvin and Zampese.

Those two goofs need to decide between being a spread offense or a power offense.   They haven't been able to mix the two so far this season.

My vote since we can play really good defense is to go back the 2009 and 2014 plan and forget about all the supposed "weapons".     Play additional line and unbalanced line, two TEs and go straight up downhill run blocking.     Then IF you get some success then maybe consider trying to involve all the weapons.   Right now it should be live and die with 4 guys.  Green, Eifert, Gio, and Mixon.   Those guys should be 75% of the touches.    If you get 60 offensive snaps the total carriers/target should at least be 45 combined.

This guys sums it up pretty well: 

Bengals' front-office decisions have jeopardized their present, future

...doesn't really include the loss of quality assistants while keeping Marvin and Alexander around as coaches enough though.   Marvin largely wins because of excellent assistants who are now head coaches elsewhere (2 of whom are doing fairly well).  Not doing so well now.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I don't care what type of QB play you get or what type of o-line play you get there is 0 excuse for 9 points in 8 quarters of football.   ZERO.   That's on Marvin and Zampese.

Those two goofs need to decide between being a spread offense or a power offense.   They haven't been able to mix the two so far this season.

My vote since we can play really good defense is to go back the 2009 and 2014 plan and forget about all the supposed "weapons".     Play additional line and unbalanced line, two TEs and go straight up downhill run blocking.     Then IF you get some success then maybe consider trying to involve all the weapons.   Right now it should be live and die with 4 guys.  Green, Eifert, Gio, and Mixon.   Those guys should be 75% of the touches.    If you get 60 offensive snaps the total carriers/target should at least be 45 combined.

Obviously this offensive line cannot pass block consistently enough.  They have to run it at GB or get blown out.  Lazor should do exactly what Amps saying.  You start giving up first down runs time after time and you'll load up the box.  That makes it really easy on AJ and Eifert.  

The offense always has the edge because they know what's going to happen before the D does.  Where's that edge been ?!?!!?

44 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Two games into the season and football is already dead to me. Thanks Mike and Marvin. Throw all the OC's into the mix you want. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

See this is how it was for me last year, and even coming into this year.

After that playoff loss a few years ago where the team lost itself, changes should have been made then! Hue Jackson should be the coach of this team after that. The fact they didn't do shit, turned me off from this team.

Coming into this season they didn't do anything to improve from a crappy season the year before. They let go there 2 best o-lineman, and the heart of the offense in Whit. They replaced them with nobody, and didn't even bring anyone exciting in.

So I ask where is the excitement coming into this season? We have been watching the shit year after year. At least a few years back we knew coming they had a great shot at the playoffs, now we know at the end they will be sitting at home.

Hopefully this new OC brings some excitement back, but as of now I'm not seeing it. So maybe after this year, if they blow up this coaching staff the excitement of this team will be back. 

I will always be a bengals fan, but as of right now I hardly even watch the NFL. Mr Godell really turned me off to the NFL, to many teams get special privlages, while the bengals get screwed! When I see Vontez make a legal hit and get suspended, but yet the steelers make worse hits and just get fined, yea screw the NFL.

Ok my rant is done:grimace:

53 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

See this is how it was for me last year, and even coming into this year.

After that playoff loss a few years ago where the team lost itself, changes should have been made then! Hue Jackson should be the coach of this team after that. The fact they didn't do shit, turned me off from this team.

Coming into this season they didn't do anything to improve from a crappy season the year before. They let go there 2 best o-lineman, and the heart of the offense in Whit. They replaced them with nobody, and didn't even bring anyone exciting in.

So I ask where is the excitement coming into this season? We have been watching the shit year after year. At least a few years back we knew coming they had a great shot at the playoffs, now we know at the end they will be sitting at home.

Hopefully this new OC brings some excitement back, but as of now I'm not seeing it. So maybe after this year, if they blow up this coaching staff the excitement of this team will be back. 

I will always be a bengals fan, but as of right now I hardly even watch the NFL. Mr Godell really turned me off to the NFL, to many teams get special privlages, while the bengals get screwed! When I see Vontez make a legal hit and get suspended, but yet the steelers make worse hits and just get fined, yea screw the NFL.

Ok my rant is done:grimace:

I feel your pain, but I still watch the game. It's transformed into more of a two hand touch league, a pussificated liberalized abomination much as our society has become. Nobody can take a hit anymore. 

I don't ever have any expectations from a marvin coached team. I wonder of greens comments lead to zamp getting axed. Was it just marv passing the buck? The world knows marv is the problem.  trade hill for a decent tackle.  Ced is a bust so is fisher. I would kick big dre back out to rt. Trade hill for any tackle. Fuck a street FA would be better.  Ced has to be the worse tackle in the league.. mike needs to clean house. Fire all these fucking bums. 

1 minute ago, cincy9275 said:

I don't ever have any expectations from a marvin coached team. I wonder of greens comments lead to zamp getting axed. Was it just marv passing the buck? The world knows marv is the problem.  trade hill for a decent tackle.  Ced is a bust so is fisher. I would kick big dre back out to rt. Trade hill for any tackle. Fuck a street FA would be better.  Ced has to be the worse tackle in the league.. mike needs to clean house. Fire all these fucking bums. 

Oh yeah, the buck was passed. No question.