Fake Game #3. Bengals @ Redskins.

8 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

McCarron has always sucked.

Yeah. Like when he had that playoff game in the bag against the Steelers until Hill let us down and the defense lost self control. I will take him over Dalton any day.

4 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Yeah. Like when he had that playoff game in the bag against the Steelers until Hill let us down and the defense lost self control. I will take him over Dalton any day.

McCarrn was garbage for three quarters in that game. Only reason they were in it at all was the D. He sucks.

12 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Whatever makes you feel better. Andy isn't taking us anywhere.

It's not about what makes me feel better, it's about his actual play in the game. If you don't believe me, go back and look at the game thread. Plenty of talk about AJ's worthlessness and the offense's ineptitude.

21 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

If you say so. 

u seriously forgot the 2015 season?????? Bengals was 10-2 with Dalton before he got hurt in 13th game, Bengals was in race for 1st seed before he got hurt. he got 25 td and only 7 ints that year. last year was bad not because of him but because of 2 fuckers who leave us, Sanu and Jones plus Aj green, Eifert and Gio miss alot of time last year so where was the targets for Dalton last year? but yet he still made 18 td and only 8 ints with crap wr corps last year.

2 hours ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

bet you if Dalton play that day, Hill fumble and defense lost self control wouldnt matter because bengals would score something in first 3 qtr and score more than just 16 at end.

33 minutes ago, rwalling said:

Messrs Willis, Lawson, Glasgow, and Smith, please bid Mr. Johnson a fond farewell.

MJ actually showed well today rushing from the interior. And by all reports the coaches trust him most as a run-stuffer on the edge. So as much as I tend to agree it's time, I have my doubts they pull the trigger.

But that said, yeah, the pressure today was nice. OTOH they still seemed to struggle against the run. The skins were pounding it down their throat the first few plays and ran for a first row on that first series that was called back by penalty. That was a problem last year and it looks like it will be a problem again.

It's probably worth a couple words of praise for the oline. They were shaky in places but for the most part Dalton had time and the blocking on the Hill TD run was what made the points happen. It was perfect. If, and it's a big if, they can play like they did today with any level of consistency, this team just might have a shot of making it back to the postseason.

Andy and AJ were in mid season form today.

Ross ran around some, which I suppose is an improvement over Eifragile. Tyler apparently has some tendinitus in his knee. Considering that he's barely played so far, that can't be a good sign.

Mixon has great moves. Just needs to hold on to the ball.

Huber need to keep today's tape for his Harlem Globetrotters tryout. But wtf was up with the blocking there? That just can't happen.

Heaven help us, Bullock might actually get the job. Back to holding my breath on every fg and xp.

McCarron blew it by sucking in preseason.  He had a big fat 2nd deal headed his way, assuming he wins his restricted/unrestricted battle with the team.  Not sure who would have signed him, but someone would have been desperate and overpaid.  

15 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

It's probably worth a couple words of praise for the oline. .......... If, and it's a big if, they can play like they did today with any level of consistency, this team just might have a shot of making it back to the postseason.

I haven't seen any footage from the pre-season games, but the only way the Bengals make the play-offs is with a Divisional title.  You really think this O-line is capable of serving that up over the course of an entire regular season ??

If the starting o- line can do that against starters during the preseason, it's at least hopeful they can manage that for a large part of the game. It's not like Dalton isn't use to getting the ball released quickly anyway. 

Mixon, Willis, and Lawson have looked really good for the rookies. Malone has looked decent as well. Ross will take some more time to get up to speed with the offense but they can just get the ball in his hands in the time being. Quick pass at the line, end arounds, things like that.

I was hoping to see more from Billings.