Ravens @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

So, it's not going well in Baltimore...

The Baltimore Ravens' list of offseason injuries is gruesome to gander.

In just the past 10 days, John Harbaugh's team has lost running back Kenneth Dixon (MCL), guard John Urschel (retirement), corner Maurice Canady (MCL), tight end Crockett Gillmore (MCL) and guard Nico Siragusa (ACL, MCL). That week-and-a-half's worth doesn't even include Joe Flaccodealing with back pain, the retirement of Zach Orr in January, or the losses of CB Tavon Young(ACL), TE Dennis Pitta (hip) and TE Darren Waller (year-long suspension) in June.

One would understand if Ravens fans are freaking out. It's barely August and their team is a triage center.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000824979/article/ravens-marshal-yanda-sky-isnt-falling-in-baltimore

Knowing our team, they'll still find some way to screw it up, but still, I can't help but feel a twinge of optimism. 

My meaningless early read is a Bengals win, but I doubt it will really excite anyone here.  The Ravens just aren't very good, and their injuries won't help.  Maybe if it's an ass-kicking people will care a little.  At the very least it should prove a tough early examination for the o-line.

I think I've brought up the o-line in every post I've made here this offseason.

On 03/08/2017 at 5:23 PM, ArmyBengal said:

Bengals- 273
Ravens- 6

I would hate to see the Ravens score 6

When did the Bengals last shut out an opponent ??? (just thinking out loud.....)

1 hour ago, Scottishbengal said:

When did the Bengals last shut out an opponent ??? (just thinking out loud.....)

They beat the Browns 30-0 in week 15 of the 2014 season.  They've had a few (3 that I can recall off-hand) shut-outs of the Browns under Marvin.

17 hours ago, Scottishbengal said:

I'm thinking it has to be Johnny Foot "tall" and the Browns.    I dunno, but it's definitely the Browns at some point.

15 hours ago, Stripes said:

They beat the Browns 30-0 in week 15 of the 2014 season.  They've had a few (3 that I can recall off-hand) shut-outs of the Browns under Marvin.

Yeah.   I believe that was Johnny's debut in the NFL.   Man what an ass kicking that was?  Definitely goes down in the Battle of Ohio Classics.

Just the thought of the Browns fans being so happy to finally see their Qb savior.   Then, nope, not him.   Try again and Johnny Fever was over before it began.

I'm going to watch that on game pass, now. 

Glorious game.   I forgot Cleveland had a winning record at the time with a decent defense and slight playoff hopes.   Under those circumstances I would vault that edition of the Battle of Ohio among the top.     Way sweeter than thumping them in 2007 in the Jungle when they had playoff hopes.

Sorry for going off topic.   Baltimore is still having injury questions, I think they may have lost another starter on the o-line. 

On 8/24/2017 at 11:52 AM, HoosierCat said:

Two and a half weeks to go and Flacco is still a question.

seriously confusing with that article in PFT as I remember when he got hurt, they was saying he will be back in 4 to 6 weeks so he might miss our first game. now this article say he originally should be out for a week. wtf is that????