Camp Thread

HoosierCat

• 2 weeks later...

I fully expect them to carry 7 WR's this season.
They can get away from LaFell after this year with no dead money.

Green, LaFell, Boyd, Erickson, Ross, Core, and Malone.
They bail on LaFell in 2018 or bring him back for $4 million if there's no development or an injury occurs.
None of the 7 listed above are free agents in 2018.

Yeah, that's an above average WR corps in my opinion.

You can have the best pass catchers in the league, wide outs, slot, tight ends, whatever. But if your offensive line cannot control the line of scrimmage, it won't mean a damn thing.

I'm not expecting much this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TJJackson said:

what BZB said, +1

Plus a gazillion.  Our quarterback is just one of those guys who needs a clean pocket.  He's not Roethlisberger, he's not Steve McNair.  Lots of guys need a clean pocket, including Brady.  Andy does not create, he doesn't escape and make plays.  He executes an offense.  He needs time and if this line can't do it, Alexander needs to go.  

• Like 1

I snort derisively every time I see something in print that says either Erickson or Chris Smith may not make this team.

They MUST make this team if Tobin has even a half a lick of sense. Period.

Cheap, young, and productive? Jeezus what else could you want? ok, ok, Mike....they'll soft-cloth wash the Lumina on Monday afternoons. Happy now?

Re: Chris Smith.  Not sure why height is emphasized the way that it is on the D line.  Sure it can disrupt the QB's vision.  But if you've got a guy that's 6'0 - 6'1 using his center of gravity advantage and can get pressure on the QB, that's a valuable asset to have.  See Geno Atkins.

I don't think that we're seeing an anomaly in Smith as we did with Chris Carter a few years ago.  If anything, having a pure rusher with power and a low center of gravity added to Dunlap and the rookies is a hell of a combo to throw at an opposing O line.