William Jackson

GapControl

Looking forward to seeing Jackson in action this season

Vaguely remember this dude.  It'll be like we have two first round picks this year!  

Got some new skill players on offense.  Got some new defensive back help.  I can't remember a year when there has been this much pressure on Alexander's guys.  They were the weak link last year, and Mike just stuck to the plan going forward, promoted the high draft picks to starting roles and let the expensive vets walk.  Mike's a gambler.  First Contract Shaman!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GapControl said:

Billings and Hardison

YEEESSSSS !!!!!!

7 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Yes Billings for sure, I was expecting good things last year till his injury. 

Jackson hopefully we some good out of him, but it depends if Marvin will even allow him to play, you know him and playing young CB

didint Joseph and Hall start during their rookie years under Lewis??? it proven lately cb we draft was not good enuf at their first year, get tired of hear this crap where Lewis play vets over young guys

There have been many instances where the team has shown loyalty to vets over younger players.
To be fair though, injuries make that more feasible and this team has certainly had those as well.

It would have been nice had Dennard not had his injury concerns so they didn't have to pay Leon Hall 10 million for that final year.

15 hours ago, Dimster28 said:

didint Joseph and Hall start during their rookie years under Lewis??? it proven lately cb we draft was not good enuf at their first year, get tired of hear this crap where Lewis play vets over young guys

Oh please! Lewis has done this for years. He had no choice but to play Joseph and Hall.

He has done this WR when he made Simpson, and Caldwell sit the bench for a wasted WR in L.Cole who was no better then these guys! 

If you wanna think Lewis plays the best players, then by all means go ahead. 

Did Bodine start at the beginning of his rookie year?  He's probably the best example I can think of in the last 5 years of a guy who wasn't a blue chipper, with draft pedigree but still started.... I can't remember if he started the whole season from the get-go or not ...

Rex Burkhead another guy who I really wanted to see more of last season, but never really got a chance, had to wait till someone was injured. I don't know what will become of him, but he really did good I thought when given a chance.

I keep hearing awesome things about Cody Core, but how much will he actually play with them signing Lafell. It will be interesting to see how he does and his playing time. 

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Oh please! Lewis has done this for years. He had no choice but to play Joseph and Hall.

He has done this WR when he made Simpson, and Caldwell sit the bench for a wasted WR in L.Cole who was no better then these guys! 

no, u keep on going thinking u know better than whole staff on professional team. yes we can see who is better in talent wise, but maybe they are benched because they are morons who have hard time learn playbook or keep on having wrong timing on what they are supposed to do. those things is what we dont see. u list Simpson and Caldwell as example are just plain embrassing, what have they do since they left Bengals? NOTHING, THEY ARE NOBODIES

14 hours ago, volcom69 said:

i have something to add, Chad Johnson. people loves him and he is very talent player. Bengals lucky to have him. it is him who made our QB look good. but when he go to Patriots. we found out he is fucking moron who cant fucking read playbook. Imagine how much Bengals players and coaches suffer during his time at Bengals, just because fans only can see what they show on tv which is his talent, it dont show how idiot he is on tv.

At the time we nothing about those players, just that we had expectations, and didn't get to see it till it was to late. 

There are so many guys who leave here and are awful, I think it's more about the system here then the player itself. Sure they might not be great players, but for the bengals they prove to be pretty good.

I have always been a huge Burkhead fan and really wanted to see him stay I thought he proved a lot when givin a chance. Guess will see now how he does with another team. He is one though I will miss.

• 1 month later...

So, Geoff...

Darqueze Dennard looks to break out in Year Four.

Well, jimminey frickin cricket I hope so. "Hey, remember that first round pick we made a few years back? Maybe he'll do some shit this year!" Anyhoo...

Jackson said he felt too thin and opted for the extra muscle.  After spending all but the first three days of the last camp on season-ending injured reserve as a rookie, the 6-0Jackson, labelled a bit of a project with Pro Bowl measurables, says he’s come a long way in a year.

“I’m not raw anymore. We’re ready to go,” Jackson said. “When you’re playing you don’t actually learn that much. This year I know the small things of football. Where the receivers line up and how they’re trying to set you up to make a big play. Watching on the sidelines, I’ve learned a lot.”

Yeah, we all know about that watching from the sidelines bit, Will. See how well it's worked for Darqueze?

52 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

So, Geoff...

Yeah, we all know about that watching from the sidelines bit, Will. See how well it's worked for Darqueze?

Ruthless.  

Would be so great to get a big contribution from Jackson.  Would be like having two first round picks last year!