Tennessee WR Josh Malone

Michigan DT Ryan Glasgow

Memphis K Jake Elliott

Utah C J.J. Dielman

Oklahoma ILB Jordan Evans

Houston CB Brandon Wilson

Buffalo TE Mason Schreck

Washington WR John Ross- A
Love the speed, which will actually help our run game by keeping the defenses from loading up the box.
Everyone on offense benefits from his speed.  Would be an A+ if not for injuries.

Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon- A
Hate his past and do not condone it and I hope it stays in the past, but I love what he could do for them.
I have seen scouting comments about how he's a better version of Ezekiel Elliott.  Yes, please !!!

Kansas State DE Jordan Willis- B+
I like the pick and think the guy will be a solid backup, but he's not an impact DE at this point.

Auburn DE Carl Lawson- B-
Can't say i'm pumped about this one really.  I would have preferred an O-lineman right here.

Tennessee WR Josh Malone- B+
I heard the Bengals wanted to double up at WR, but I just don't know why.  He's big, fast and productive.
What about Cody Core and Erickson ??  Even if they carry 6 active, who's the odd man out ??

Michigan DT Ryan Glasgow- C
Seemed like a bit of a reach, but if the coaches like him as a depth guy, I'll give it some time to see.
If they were going to bother with a TE prospect, this would have been the place for Jake Butt.

Memphis K Jake Elliott- C
Liked we drafted a kicker, but I think we drafted the wrong one.  I would have preferred Gonzales.

Utah C J.J. Dielman- A
I guess I can't really complain much with a Center as I wanted one late anyway.

Oklahoma ILB Jordan Evans- A
Always need backup and special teams players.

Houston CB Brandon Wilson- A+
I LOVE THIS PICK !!!  I can't say enough about getting this kid so late.
Versatile with positions of need and blazing fast ??  Yes, I love this pick.

Buffalo TE Mason Schreck- F
Who the hell is this guy ?? Hard to give an F for the 3rd to last pick, but I hate this one.
I would have preferred an OL pick right here for more depth and there were some to take.

I think what they added will help the team this year and in the future.
I give them a solid B+ for the class as a whole.

Well im one of those haters

Washington WR John Ross B- fast solid WO just not a priority position for me

Oklahoma RB Joe  mixon B- character concerns

Kansas State DE Jordan Willis B- Probably end up behind Lawson

Auburn DE Carl Lawson B+ Depth for the outside 

Tennessee WR Josh Malone C inactive 6th WR

Michigan DT Ryan Glasgow D Yuck

Memphis K Jake Elliott A- big leg

Utah C J.J. Dielman A Competition finally

Oklahoma ILB Jordan Evans B- PS depth

Houston CB Brandon Wilson B PS depth

Buffalo TE Mason Schreck D won't even make PS

So somewhere between a C and a C+ for the draft grades of the players taken

But it drops to a C - for not trying to find some more help on the OL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

A    Washington WR John Ross

A-   Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon

B+   Kansas State DE Jordan Willis

B+   Auburn DE Carl Lawson

C     Tennessee WR Josh Malone

C     Michigan DT Ryan Glasgow

B     Memphis K Jake Elliott

C-    Utah C J.J. Dielman

C+   Oklahoma ILB Jordan Evans

B     Houston CB Brandon Wilson

D   Buffalo TE Mason Schreck

My early ratings in the quote. 

The Center they took is just meh. The TE is bizarre, when the Miami OH, Tackle was there. Why bother. 

The Michigan DT is a run stuffer, bye Pat Sims? The TN wide out is a Henry style threat but who goes? Core? That'd be dumb. 

The first 4 are really good. Stoked on those and the kicker. 

I think this entire process is close to a crapshoot so I don't really give a damn.  It strikes me as nonsense to worry about who is who in the late rounds.  Nobody really knows.  The only gripes I have are with Mixon for obvious reasons and the second wide receiver.  The Bengals are going to have to dump one of these guys and I hate it:

Core
Erickson
Malone

They could keep 7 if they want, but then they're losing someone else.  Maybe we can drop freaking Driskel?

The running back.  They're notorious for being able to help early in their career.  I honestly have no character concerns.  That assault was almost 3 years ago and he's been a model citizen since.  And that was not a domestic violence situation.  Why important?  Because batterers often reoffend.  

This assault was on a stranger.  If you read the facts, that girl and Mixon were strangers in a 1 minute spat, inflammatory racial and sexual insults from both sides, then she hit him in the face.  He should've walked away, but lost it and hit her.  

2 points: 

1.  This victim obviously felt that her gender allowed her to tee off on a strangers face.  Wrong, that's not how the world works.  Mixon's judgement wasn't where it should have been.  He had turned 18 the day before this incident.  Just a stupid slap with a punch returned.  

2.  This was probably the worst moment of this kid's life.  It ended up on YouTube.  How many of us, if the worst moment of our lives, the worst thing we ever did, ended up on YouTube, would be publicly admired or applauded for it? It makes me shudder to consider some of the shit I was involved in 18-23, if that showed up on video I'd

a. Be in jail,

b. Be very ashamed.

Superficially, one can look at the Bengals letting two super character guys, Whit and Rex, walk out the door, and they follow that up by bringing in Mixon!  Well, Mixon truthfully is not a character risk.  One mistake, committed when he was very young and after physical provocation.  His conduct in the ensuing almost 3 years reveals a ton more about his character than that 1 second they keep showing on the tube.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, COB said:

The running back.  They're notorious for being able to help early in their career.  I honestly have no character concerns.  That assault was almost 3 years ago and he's been a model citizen since.  And that was not a domestic violence situation.  Why important?  Because batterers often reoffend.  

This assault was on a stranger.  If you read the facts, that girl and Mixon were strangers in a 1 minute spat, inflammatory racial and sexual insults from both sides, then she hit him in the face.  He should've walked away, but lost it and hit her.  

2 points: 

1.  This victim obviously felt that her gender allowed her to tee off on a strangers face.  Wrong, that's not how the world works.  Mixon's judgement wasn't where it should have been.  He had turned 18 the day before this incident.  Just a stupid slap with a punch returned.  

2.  This was probably the worst moment of this kid's life.  It ended up on YouTube.  How many of us, if the worst moment of our lives, the worst thing we ever did, ended up on YouTube, would be publicly admired or applauded for it? It makes me shudder to consider some of the shit I was involved in 18-23, if that showed up on video I'd

a. Be in jail,

b. Be very ashamed.

Superficially, one can look at the Bengals letting two super character guys, Whit and Rex, walk out the door, and they follow that up by bringing in Mixon!  Well, Mixon truthfully is not a character risk.  One mistake, committed when he was very young and after physical provocation.  His conduct in the ensuing almost 3 years reveals a ton more about his character than that 1 second they keep showing on the tube.

Well put. No one "likes" what he did but we can't ignore his behavior since, where even a whiff of anything would have sent him out if football. 

Love the draft. Love it.

related - the last "gimme a lineman" draft here sucked so much ass- (ogbuehi and fisher) - have to hope those guys can play now but can't do that every year

---also, some of you all are way more invested in Cody core than seems reasonable

• Like 1

I'm loving the early picks but would have been creaming if we'd packaged up some of the later picks and moved up and grab one of the few decent Oline prospects as well

• Like 1

Let's also not pretend this was some run of the mill 18 year old "little helpless girl" either. It's easy to overlook the fact that she has a history of arrests surrounding drugs that is longer than almost anyone I've been associated with in my whole life.

STILL NOT CONDONING HIS ACTIONS.

However, I agree with things I did when I was 18 being terribly embarrassing. Hell, I had my own embarrassing run in within the last couple years that was stupid on my part and I came out of it very lucky.

Seriously if someone, anyone, hit me I don't know that I would be able to show restraint and good judgement in the heat of the moment. I feel I would probably end up in jail.

I think Mixon is going to right the ship and really help the Bengals. If he has another run in, I will reverse my thoughts on this.

I generally don't fall for draft classes, so many uncontrollable variables impact success or failure.  Having said that, I have completely fallen for this group.  I can see 4 or 5 of these guys starting in 2018.  I'm basically gay for this draft class, I'm going to marry it.

A possible improvement from these guys - new leadership with hopefully more of a killer instinct.  It hurts blocking wise to lose Whit, but I'm looking forward to seeing one of these savage motherfuckers take a leadership role.  Whit was a good dude but did not possess football leadership qualities.  Proof is in the results.  So many of our playoff losses sadly revealed a lack of team leadership needed to imbue the team with a biting, ferocious, intensity.  Whit was Whit and Andy is Andy.  You can't make them be something they ain't.

I want winners!  I want guys who wanna win!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, COB said:

I generally don't fall for draft classes, so many uncontrollable variables impact success or failure.  Having said that, I have completely fallen for this group.  I can see 4 or 5 of these guys starting in 2018.  I'm basically gay for this draft class, I'm going to marry it.

A possible improvement from these guys - new leadership with hopefully more of a killer instinct.  It hurts blocking wise to lose Whit, but I'm looking forward to seeing one of these savage motherfuckers take a leadership role.  Whit was a good dude but did not possess football leadership qualities.  Proof is in the results.  So many of our playoff losses sadly revealed a lack of team leadership needed to imbue the team with a biting, ferocious, intensity.  Whit was Whit and Andy is Andy.  You can't make them be something they ain't.

I want winners!  I want guys who wanna win!

Wow I see 2 possible starters in Ross and mixon, with limited touches.  Every other pick looks like depth, insurance for next year, PS or camp body