7th Round: Mason Schreck, TE, Buffalo

HoosierCat

If Uzomah or however you spell his name, Kroft and Eifert aren't dinged, he's a practice squad guy at best.
My opinion is, if he was thought to be stellar, he would have gone before the 3rd to last pick of the draft.
If they wanted a TE to actually compete, they should have taken Jake Butt instead of Karl Lawson.
At least Butt would have had a chance to beat out all but Eifert.

While this guy might be the Tom Brady of TE's, color me skeptical.
"F"

8 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Honestly, we have no idea about any of these guys.
BRING ON THE OGRE !!!

Obviously understanding that i'm not a GM, coach, or owner, I simply would have preferred a different approach if they wanted a TE.

Who has any idea nfl.com didn't even have a picture of the guy.this seems like a dart board pick if it pans out they look like geniuses if it doesn't well it was a seventh round pick who cares 

12 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

If Uzomah or however you spell his name, Kroft and Eifert aren't dinged, he's a practice squad guy at best.
My opinion is, if he was thought to be stellar, he would have gone before the 3rd to last pick of the draft.
If they wanted a TE to actually compete, they should have taken Jake Butt instead of Karl Lawson.
At least Butt would have had a chance to beat out all but Eifert.

While this guy might be the Tom Brady of TE's, color me skeptical.
"F"

How many picks was he from being the last pick?  What can you really expect?

Read on another board this guy had a UDFA deal in place with Philly before Bengals drafted him.   

I wouldn't expect much because they have two big battles brewing at D-line and WR.   It's entirely possible they go heavy at those spots to keep as much talent as possible.  Which leads to going light elsewhere. 

Uzomah and Kroft aren't all-pros but they've made enough plays and earned snaps I really can't this guy landing on the roster.  Especially when they also have a roster spot for Hewitt as well.

• 3 months later...