How messed up is FA now

volcom69

The Bengals don't develop any linemen at all.    In years (which there have been many)  when the offensive line plays very well it's due to the Andy Dalton release time.

The years the o-line plays bad.  They suck.

I think Andy Dalton will be releasing the ball this year and we won't have developed a signal linemen yet again this year too.  It's amazing reality that has only been identified on Bengal fan message boards, lol.

We all know that Whitworth was an All-Pro at LT from the day he was drafted enhanced by Andy's superhuman release time.

OK, so I checked out all the picks and UDFA's.  Here are my favorite picks and UDFA guys.

I like Mixon as a RB, Character issues aside he is the best pick of the draft.

Carl Lawson is a steal where they got him, looks faster and stronger on tape than Willis

Kicker was a need and he has a big leg for KO's

UDFA's

I think the following have a slight chance to make the team/PS

Landon Lechler OT

Hardy Nickerson JR LB

Josh Tupou DT

Blake McClain DB

The Bengals have had a few dominating lines.... the Corey Dillon rushing attack, the Carson years until the end.... everyone wants that and more so this team can make a super bowl run.

Im sure the Bengals are thinking he same and that's why they either sign some LT vet insurance before the season starts.  At the least, they'll stockpile lineman on the PS out of UDFA.

4 hours ago, redsbengalsbucks said:

OK, so I checked out all the picks and UDFA's.  Here are my favorite picks and UDFA guys.

I like Mixon as a RB, Character issues aside he is the best pick of the draft.

Carl Lawson is a steal where they got him, looks faster and stronger on tape than Willis

Kicker was a need and he has a big leg for KO's

UDFA's

I think the following have a slight chance to make the team/PS

Landon Lechler OT

Hardy Nickerson JR LB

Josh Tupou DT

Blake McClain DB

Lexhler looks like a good bet.  I think the Oregon State guy makes it since he was a convert from TE. I hope they bring in even more guys than this though.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/4/29/15488840/undrafted-free-agency-2017-bengals-signing-oregon-state-te-dustin

I'm feeling better about mixon after I saw the whole video.

she a total stranger, pushed him, spit in his face and slapped him before he did anything.

he was assaulted by her an defended himself 

still not a smart way to deal with this issue, but he didn't just punch her for no reason 

• Like 1

People have no idea what they would do in the heat of that moment.
Easy to sit back and judge when you've never been in that situation.
Like most things when people get themselves in trouble, it's putting themselves in the situation to begin with.

I've punched people for less than what that woman did to him.
Albeit, never some random chick in a restaurant, but still.

I refuse to simply play along with the societal demands for his head.
I won't bash anyone else for taking that stance, but i'm sure that kindness won't be returned.

• Like 2

The NFL received a rash of shit the last couple years over domestic violence.  Ray Rice, etc.  I saw ESPN blab on about Mixon and repeatedly refer to the league's stance on domestic violence.

This wasn't domestic violence.

DV has a whole different dynamic to it.  And the league should be concerned with it.  If you read the news you will notice repeated occurrences of domestic violence murders.  It happens all the time.

The so-called sports media that covers the NFL is too lazy to bother with anything more complex than, "Oh my God!  Outrage!"

They just lump it in as DV because a woman was involved, which truly means nothing.  You can have the same domestic violence/batterer dynamic going on in a gay couple where both partners are men.  

As the year progresses watch the stories they run, it'll be a sort of, "watch how the Bengals handle Mixon in light of the league office's stance on domestic violence."  

Just stupid.

• Like 1

My thoughts:

1.  Goodell fucked up with his behavior policy.  It puts the NFL in the role of correction of society problems instead of Justice system.  It also created a gossip type industry surrounding players.  

2. IMO, I've said this about Pac Man too.   There is just a certain percentage of dirt bags in society and the player pool supplying the NFL is no different.  If you want to clean up the league, refuse eligibility from the beginning.   Mixon would have been in the NFL regardless this season.   So knowing that,  I want him on my team IF he's going to be a good player.

3.  Annoying media.   Mixon won a bar fight with a girl.  Dominated her.  Sure it looks as if it could have been avoided.  This is not domestic violence were a Man has control over a girlfriend, wife, significant other.    The fake outrage of the media ignores the reality of low life in bars as Women attack and get punched out every weekend. 

As far as I know Mixon and this girl is not a Nicole Brown Simpson and OJ type deal.   It's described as domestic violence for the simple fact that gets an emotional response from people and draws more interest.    Far less interest if it is describe as a bar fight.  

Again, I'm not a fan of what I saw, but it would be helpful to have the audio. Not what was alleged but the actual conversation.

She called him over and then there were words exchanged. Did he call her a bitch ?? Did she use a racial slur ?? I have no idea, but then she shoved and hit him first.

While you would hope cooler heads would prevail and the outcome would be less brutal, why isn't she being called into question ?? She has a criminal record. Why isn't the fact that she's been arrested for possessing and selling drugs spoken about ??

Because she's a woman and got punched ??

While I feel bad anyone gets their face busted up, she's no more a better person than the next drug dealer. If she was dealing to your teenage kid would she still hold such a soft spot in your heart ??  That question isn't directed at anyone...

I'll be clear:  I don't care that much about the emotional details of the incident.  I care that Mixon displayed no self control in a way that most humans (and most NFL players) would not.

That's a trait that translates to the football field.  We lost a playoff game because two of our guys lacked self control at the worst moments of their playing careers so far.

Fuck making excuses for this kid.  We'll see what happens.  If he pulls some dumbass shit though, on or off the field, then that's on everyone who approved the pick.

Well, I'd like to say i'm "the better person" but i'm not.
While I don't condone his actions, I've been in my share of fights even into my 40's.
I can say I've never hit a woman, but then again, I've never had one give me a reason to consider it.
Should that instance occur, I cannot say with certainty how I would handle it.
I can say, if I knew the female was a drug dealer and she was pushing my buttons, it might get ugly.

Again, I just don't think anyone knows how they would truly handle it unless they've been in that situation.
Being in the Army and having actually fought and seen the horrors of what war really is, I can tell you this for certain.
You never know if you can pull the trigger on a real person until faced with that situation.
I've watched grown "hardcore" men become incapable of doing what seems like a simple task.

Not that punching someone is the same as pulling the trigger, but it's about being in a situation.
I don't think any of us were there to truly know how it went down.

Again, I don't like what I saw on the video, don't condone it and can only hope he has learned.
However, a team's responsibility is to win games, and this kid can help the organization do that.
From a business perspective (see the Bengals) it makes all the sense in the world.
From a social justice warrior perspective, it sucks balls.

The Redeemer speaks:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/contributors/2017/05/05/mike-brown-we-took-risk-mixon/101289918/

My thoughts? Blah blah blah, yeah yeah yeah, shut up, Mike. We get it. Now: back in your closet and stay there.

I tend to agree with Doc: there's nothing wrong with giving Mixon a second chance. But it shouldn't have been in Cincy. The Bengals don't have a great track record with these kind of players.

But at this point, it is what it is. Onward.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

The Redeemer speaks:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/contributors/2017/05/05/mike-brown-we-took-risk-mixon/101289918/

My thoughts? Blah blah blah, yeah yeah yeah, shut up, Mike. We get it. Now: back in your closet and stay there.

I tend to agree with Doc: there's nothing wrong with giving Mixon a second chance. But it shouldn't have been in Cincy. The Bengals don't have a great track record with these kind of players.

But at this point, it is what it is. Onward.

Mike and I believe Marvin as well love to dance with the devil.

• Like 1

I actually hated the article from Doc about Mixon and all that crap about she has a name.
I also hated the picture making her out to be the prom queen.
Made me wonder if he ever saw her mug shot for the arrests for drugs ??
Somehow she was given a second chance somewhere along the line right ??

You know, a second chance from selling death to kids ??
No, I don't think that's an over exaggeration of the situation either.

And why not Cincinnati ??  While the team has certainly made some bad choices, we aren't the only team taking chances on players.
I seem to recall no one wanted to give Tyreek Hill a second chance after choking and punching his pregnant girlfriend last year.
The Chiefs did the exact same thing. 

• Like 1

I have some thing to say about this. What he did was DISGUSTING. but I am fan of Bengals not players, it is front office job. I will always support Bengals no matter who is on fielld. I HATE Chad Johnson but I still cheer every time he get a TD.

I never punch anybody in my whole life, anyone who punch other people is MORON. I have someone beat me up before all i did was grab him and hold him down until other ppl come in to hold him off. my nose was bleeding but I didnt punch him back, it is unnecessary.

There is 2 thing i want say abou the video, you all maybe didnt notice but before that push Mixon did turn and seems ready to walk away.  other thing is I believe table did the damage to her face not his fist.

• Like 1

Good on ya, dimster.

@army I wasnt a fan of Doc's whole column, but he's right that these picks have a way of turning on the Bengals. Some teams seem capable of dealing with them, some don't, and we've been over why the Bengals are in the second category a billion times.

Yeah I get those thoughts as well Hoosier. I'm not immune to what happened there and have gone on record to say I don't condone his actions.  I just think people want to see what they want to see and are glossing over some major character flaws of hers. Those don't make Mixon right in how he handled it, but those warts are there but ignored.

Dim, like I said I've always regreted getting into those situations but I was also always capable of handling myself and confident when I found myself in the wrong place. I've been called worse than moron so it's all good.

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Yeah I get those thoughts as well Hoosier. I'm not immune to what happened there and have gone on record to say I don't condone his actions.  I just think people want to see what they want to see and are glossing over some major character flaws of hers. Those don't make Mixon right in how he handled it, but those warts are there but ignored.

Dim, like I said I've always regreted getting into those situations but I was also always capable of handling myself and confident when I found myself in the wrong place. I've been called worse than moron so it's all good.

I have been called worse than moron as well, words is just words lol, thats why I have no problem call some of you guys moron if I want to because I have been here LONG ENUF to know u guys can handle it with no problem.

but I am curious do you guys agree with me on Mixon seems ready to walk away before push happen? and table cause the most damage not fist?

Without watching the video again I can't say for sure if he was leaving or the if table crushed her face more than his fist but one thing is clear - she attacked him first.

That is the end of story legally in almost every country in the world.

Im a guy who once taught self-defense to women battered by drunken lovers... people are naive if they think a woman can't injure a man.

I'm always in favor of grabbing talent.    It's the league's job to take out the trash.   If the player is eligible and able to do the football things you want then have him on the roster.

However,  the Bengals have been burnt constantly under Lewis by several players.