5th Round #2: JJ Dielman, C, Utah

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, GapControl said:

It's a pre-draft article but I thought worth reading again about Ogbuehi.  Details his college career positions and what Bucky Brooks predicted his NFL career would start out like.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000427971/article/how-move-back-to-rt-affects-cedric-ogbuehis-draft-stock

Oh my.  I kind of wish the Bengals had read that one.  Maybe they did but Paul knew better.  

We're effing doomed, and by "we" I mean Andy's cognitive abilities.

Oh there was more about the warning signs with Boogie prior to him being drafted.  We spoke about them here a while back.
It appears they totally overlooked everything that was out there on this guy and Alexander fell in love with his athleticism.

That being said, it is what it is and we are going to have to ride it out minus a complete meltdown or injury.
I suppose his backup on the team is Moobs since he played LT in college.
There doesn't appear to be another option on the team that I can see.

Gimme Hopkins or the r6 rook at OLT before the obvious failure (and death sentence for Dalton) that is Oogie Boogie

I'm dead serious, dude

Actually, gimme Fisher at OLT and Hopkins or the r6 rook at ORT, and slide Oogie down to the backup OLT spot.

I think its fair to mention that Boling was drafted as an OLT out of UGA, so he could shift to OLT too....he's the most experienced of the group, after all

Not like any of these alignments are gonna be even average, but any OL arrangement where Oogie isn't a starter is an improvement over ones where he does start

Seeing as how Whit left in part because they were gauging his thoughts on Boogie starting, I'd say that's a done deal.
They are going to live and die with him as the starting LT.  In my opinion, all options for the backup spot are equal, if not worse.

I'm still of the thought that having what appears to be the starting o-line, in those spots from day one could see some improvement.
Boogie, Boling, Bodine, Smith, and Fisher

Look, i'm simply hoping for the best knowing this is the hand we will be playing with.

I agree that having the line set from day 1 OTAs onward (and changed only if someone emerges as significantly better) will be helpful towards making the line as solid as it can be (best case scenario: slightly below average)

That said, the line they should set from Day 1 should be:

Fisher, Boling, Johnson or r6 Noob, Flesh Zeppelin, Hopkins or r6 noob

(its not at all clear yet if r6 Noob is intended to be groomed as primarily a OC or an ORT)

I don't think anyone here can look me square in the eye and claim Oogie has shown more than Fisher and ergo deserves OLT more than Fisher. Fisher has earned the right to be named a starter at OT from Day 1, and as our best OT should be handed the OLT spot rather than the ORT spot; while Oogie has not earned his pay or the right to wash Fishers jockstrap

I'd love to see Westerman come on and take a spot - any spot - but given what little we heard of him last year, I doubt that occurs

I'm interested in seeing what Westerman does heading into this years camp as well, but agree that we probably won't see him starting.
If that is the case, this 5th rounder (who can never seem to remember) won't sniff many snaps if any this season.
This guy is so not in the mix, I will have forgotten his name again before I finish typing this response.

What were we talking about ??

Hmmmmm......

This year's line will be:

Fisher

Boling

THE GREATEST CENTER THERE IS, WAS OR EVER WILL BE RUSSEL ROCKCRUSHER SMASHFACE BOATY MCBOATIN YOU OVER LIKE A BOSS BATTLESHIP BODINE

Moobs

The Amazing Human Turnstile