4th Round #1: Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn

HoosierCat

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

OT and Zane Gonzalez.  K's cost us 4 games last year, Gonzalez is special and would lock down the position foe 10 years.

I like idea of taking Gonzalez. Points from kicks win or lose games, as we've seen. 

Dorian Johnson and/or David Sharpe - they're still available

And plenty of picks to bundle up in a trade if they need to move up to get the best remaining Olinemen

And plenty of picks to bundle up in a trade if they need to move up to get the best remaining Olinemen

Obviously the team is ready to go to war with Ogbuehi at LT... I just thought that between free agency and 11 picks, we would have either already signed someone (we didnt) or taken a day 1 or 2 guy as insurance and to battle Ced in camp.

Maybe the rest of the picks can be used to somehow swing a trade for a player already starting in the NFL or just used to take as many OL project boom or bust guys as possible.

maybe it happens on cut down day.  I just can't be convinced they'll go with Ced at LT and some unproven backup behind him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

This is a high character physical DE, a tackler, high effort guy, strong (35 reps 225)

not a pass rusher

a 2 down DE

In another year, I'd like this pick.  This year, tho, not what we need

He pass rushes pretty well. I see him more of a LB but never know how they will use him.