2nd Round: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

HoosierCat

He punched a woman hard enough to break her face.  Anyone who punches women is a coward and personally i don't want to root for a guy like that.  Kamara is a hell of a back Feeney fixes the interior oline there were options and yet the Bengals continue to pick bad guys....i am beyond pissed.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

I felt this pick coming. Mike and Marvin cannot resist talented reclamation projects.

I'm jazzed by this pick. He will make everyone forget how Hill turned into Rudi. 

1 hour ago, kingwilly said:

He can improve character. His talent is innate. 

Mixon as offensive RoY, calling it now. Ross as RoY. 

That's what I said about Adam Jones, and last time I checked he is not any better.

Only time will tell hopefully he gets his act together. 

1 hour ago, kingwilly said:

He can improve character. His talent is innate. 

Mixon as offensive RoY, calling it now. Ross as RoY. 

This is Marvin Lewis we are talking about, they will be lucky if they see the field in 2 years.....oh wait maybe that's just for corner backs.

I used to support picks like this.  Character concerns always struck me as sensationalized and bogus compared to the talent available.  I no longer feel that way.

The Bengals have made pickups like this over and over under Marvin.  They don't end well.  I have no reason to anticipate this will be different.

Another gawdawful pick

and as I say that, let me add - I am not even factoring in the character concerns when I say this

Some of you are thinking - wow, look what Zeke Elliot did last year.  Well, now that you've said that, please compare and contrast the offensive lines of the Bengals and the Cowboys

You dont build a team with the lines coming last.  They come first.  Control the line of scrimmage.

I liken it to building the worlds most powerful missile then realizing, oh, hey, we didn't build a launcher, so its useless

Both these shiney new offensive toys are useless if we cant block

Just gawdawful

• Like 2

2 hours ago, volcom69 said:

Only time will tell hopefully he gets his act together. 

The incident happened nearly 3 years ago when he was 17 or 18 years old, and the courts ordered him to do 100 hours of community service and have behavioural counselling. we've all done incredibly stupid things when we were young, and none of us were there so we don't know the extent of the provocation. I'm happy to start with a clean slate and let Mixon prove himself.

• Like 1