2nd Round: Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma

HoosierCat

4 hours ago, kingwilly said:

He can improve character. His talent is innate. 

Mixon as offensive RoY, calling it now. Ross as RoY. 

Sorry don't see either of them getting enough touches to even be in the talk for ROY

And we have possibly the worst OL in the NFL 

7 hours ago, TJJackson said:

Another gawdawful pick

and as I say that, let me add - I am not even factoring in the character concerns when I say this

Some of you are thinking - wow, look what Zeke Elliot did last year.  Well, now that you've said that, please compare and contrast the offensive lines of the Bengals and the Cowboys

You dont build a team with the lines coming last.  They come first.  Control the line of scrimmage.

Both these shiney new offensive toys are useless if we cant block

Aint that the truth.

26 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

Aint that the truth.

While this is the truth and we as fans know that however the bengals must feel they have a good o-line considering they didn't do shit to fix it. 

We have been complaining about the center for how long, but they keep playing him year after year because they must see something in him.

I don't expect this line to change anytime soon. All we can hope for now is a huge improvement from last year. 

6 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Ross will be too busy fighting Eifert for the comfiest spot in the trainers room to take LaFells spot

That's what worries me about him as well. I'm just tired of having all this talent, but the talent sits in the bench because they are never healthy! Only hope he can stay healthy. 

9 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

Thats probably the scariest thing of all as a Bengals fan.  They can't see (or are refusing to acknowlege) the obvious problems they have

I think it's more of the refusing to see the problem, knowing they are paying them all this money not to sit around. 

They are afraid to say they made a mistake in there decisions, so now we live with it till there contract runs out. So depressing!

• 3 months later...

I like what Brooks had to say about it.  3 RB's is not a problem, it is a blessing.  Get them all at least 100 carries this season and ride the hot hand in any given game.

Hill is going to be fine,  but he is probably #3 on the team this season.  Hard to believe after his rookie year.

Hill will start and continue to suck, but the coaches won't quit playing him because veteran. Gio will be Gio and Mixon will rot on the bench until mid-December, when the playoffs are long gone. Then Marvin & Co. will finally sit Hill to "see what they got" and Mixon will run for like 600 yards in the final 3 games. As a result, they win their last 3, end the season at 8-8, and Marvin gets an extension in January. 

Starting to see signs of that already.

On 4/29/2017 at 11:49 AM, TJJackson said:

Thats probably the scariest thing of all as a Bengals fan.  They can't see (or are refusing to acknowlege) the obvious problems they have

I think money and trust in/loyalty to Alexander, are more important than operating like a team that wants to do more than compete for a WC spot every year.