Yahoo Fantasy Football

5 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Soooo, this draft ended up being a risk taker for me and I didn't intend it to be that way. Made two mistakes in the draft bit one is an easy correct. The other cost me a higher rated player.

Oh well, my son is pumped up with his take !!

I hope he wins the whole thing.

On 27/08/2017 at 4:56 PM, HoosierCat said:

"I plan to stick to my strategy of drafting guys who are injured and players I dimly remember hearing the names of on sports center".

And there we have Mike Brown's Modus Operandi  :grin:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, COB said:

I hope he wins the whole thing.

I would be pumped up for him to win it all just because I know it would mean more to him than any of us older folks.
He's playing tackle football this year, yes I let him travel down CTE avenue, and they are 2-0 to this point.
He loves everything about it.  I'm 5'7, so genetics are not on his side long term.

Oh yeah, Yahoo hated my draft as well.  Picked me to finish 11 out of 12.
Thanks Yahoo.....

I picked 9th, not a great spot.  I don't fantasy football all that well so something like the 1st or 2nd spot would have been horribly wasted on me.  I timed out on a pick and yahoo picked me a defense a couple rounds earlier than I would have, other than that I didn't make huge errors.  Seriously considered taking Palmer in the last round just so he'd get picked in the last round.  Took a kicker instead.

Yeah, much like Mixon, I took a chance on McCaffrey from the Panthers. He just adds a dynamic to that offense that Newton hasn't really had.  If it pays off, it will be huge.  A healthy Russell Wilson was something I was willing to bet on earlier than projected as well.  Same with Eifert, who's top 3 when healthy.

You just never know.

2 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Things killed by Kareem Hunt last night:

1. The Patriots' dream of an undefeated season.

2. Skyline's week 1 hopes.

Amen.  What a nightmare.

On the plus side, I can enjoy this weekend's games without having to worry about fantasy outcomes.  Might as well call it now.

• Like 1

Even though he inexplicably picked him, is Hoosier allowed to actually put Jay Cutler on his active roster?  Can he really, really, play crappy old Jay Cutler this week against the force for righteousness and justice that is my team of champions?

For the Eagle Scouts that make up the roster of COB's HGH Farm to have to share the field with the likes of Jay Cutler is a corruption, a debasement.  The gentlemen on COB's HGH Farm inform humanity,  while Jay Cutler looks like he just finished his shift at a Valvoline Instant Oil Change in Muncie, Indiana.  

This is truly a riot against common decency.  Someone do something.

Ok, thanks Army.  That helps,

Sammy Watkins is on my team and blew up on Thurs night football, something like 22 points.  Great!  Until you read further and discover that he's now in concussion protocol.  They better figure out a solution to the brain injury thing, or the NFL will live up to its nickname - Not For Long.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy I just keep playing the right teams at the right time. I can’t score points for jack but face a team that just happens to score less than me that week.

Sitting in 2nd place but Skyline sitting in 10th has more points than me.  This is one of those “Better to be lucky than good” situations.

• 4 weeks later...

I seriously have no idea how I've made it to 7-2...
Just goes to show that sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
I just happen to play teams that have a slightly shittier week than me and I get the win.

I would like to say it's my keen fantasy football managerial skills, but I can't even go there.
How do you score 65 points and win ????  Well , obviously play someone who scores less, but how often does that happen ??

Straight luck this season !!!

• 3 weeks later...

So, you know you had a bad fantasy football weekend when your kicker scores more than all three of your WR's, your TE, and Defense combined.
Making the week even worse ??  I was playing against a team that started two WR's that weren't playing.
Seems that luck kicked back this week...

GRRRRRRRRR and Shit !!!

My matchup with the feared and very legitimate Bouncing TaTas hangs in the balance tonight!  I am done for the week with 86 points.  The BTTs have 68 points, but still have Pittsburgh's defense and Pittsburgh's kicker tonight against the Bengals.  I need our offense to kick ass, and I need our special teams to block a couple kicks.  

Woooo Hooooo ........I nabbed the 4th place !!!  Play Offs here we come